Josef Wagner (composer)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Problems playing this file? See media help.
He is best known for his 1893 march "Unter dem Doppeladler" or "Under the Double Eagle", referring to the double eagle in the coat of arms of Austria-Hungary. The march became a favourite part of the repertoire of American composer and bandleader John Philip Sousa, whose band recorded it three times. The piece was the official regimental march of Austrian Artillery Regiment Number 2 until its dissolution in 2007.
- "PastMasters public domain web listing for Josef Wagner". Archived from the original on 2004-10-14.
- Rehrig, William H. The Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music, Volume 2. Integrity Press, 1991.
- University of California Santa Barbara: Encyclopedic Discography of Victor Recordings Matrix BVE-355. Matrix BVE-355. Under the Double Eagle march / Sousa's Band Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- University of California Santa Barbara: Encyclopedic Discography of Victor Recordings Matrix B-355. Under the Double Eagle (march) / Sousa's Band Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- "Artillerieregiment 2 wird aufgelöst - oesterreich.ORF.at".
- "Opera Composers: W".
|This biographical article related to the military of Austria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Austrian composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|