|Born||November 3, 1986|
|Residence||Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Home town||Miami, Florida, U.S.|
|Partner(s)||Stevie J (2011–16)|
Joseline Hernandez (born November 3, 1986), also known as "The Puerto Rican Princess", is an American reality television personality, rapper, and actress. She came to prominence as the main cast member of the VH1 reality series Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta. She appeared on the show for six seasons alongside her boyfriend Stevie J, with whom she also starred in the spin-off Stevie J & Joseline: Go Hollywood.
Joseline Hernandez was born on November 3, 1986, in Ponce, Puerto Rico, and grew up in the public housing system of Puerto Rico. Her biological father died from a heroin overdose. She moved to Florida at the age of 6, along with her mother Carmen, stepfather Luis, her older sister Yanira, and her four brothers, Jorge, Hisael, Kermit and Luis Jr. Her youngest brother has autism and requires special care. From the age of 16, she began stripping in order to provide for her family. During this time, she was arrested in 2003 and 2007 under the name Shenellica Bettencourt, for lewd and lascivious behavior.
In 2007, Hernandez filmed a failed television pilot for Showtime, centered around a group of strippers working at the Diamond Cabaret in Miami, where she gave her name as Shenellica Bettencourt.
2012–2017: Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta
Hernandez was discovered by Grammy Award-winning record producer Stevie J while performing as a stripper at the Onyx Club in Atlanta. In 2012, she became part of the original cast of Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, appearing as Stevie J's new artist, an aspiring rapper, singer and actress. It is later revealed that the two are romantically and sexually involved, much to the anger of his girlfriend, Mimi Faust. The trio's love triangle became Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta's leading storyline and Hernandez continued as a main cast member for six seasons. It became the highest rated show of the Love & Hip Hop franchise and is one of the highest rating shows on VH1 overall, averaging 3.5 million viewers per episode.
The show's success and notoriety catupulted Hernandez to stardom, leading to appearances at the 2013 AVN Awards, the 2013 BET Hip Hop Awards and the 2015 BET Awards, as well as guest spots on This Is Hot 97, K. Michelle: My Life, The Wendy Williams Show and Hip Hop Squares. She also made several cameo appearances with Stevie in various hip hop and R&B videos, including the music videos for Trey Songz's "Hail Mary", The Game's "I Remember", Ciara's "Body Party" and Faith Evans' "I Deserve It".
During the course of the show, Hernandez released a series of reggaeton and dancehall-influenced singles and music videos, many of which are sung and spoken in Spanish, her native tongue. She performed her songs "Church" and "Stingy with My Kutty Katt" live at Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta's fourth season reunion. She also appeared on Rocko's mixtape Wordplay 2 on the track "Girls Gone Wild" (with Young Dro).
In 2016, Hernandez starred with Stevie in the spin-off show Stevie J & Joseline: Go Hollywood, which premiered to 2.6 million viewers. In 2017, she starred in her own television special, Joseline's Special Delivery, which premiered on VH1 on May 1, 2017 and documented the birth of her child.
On June 5, 2016, Hernandez revealed that she had filmed an acting role on Lee Daniels' television series Star, which aired from December 14, 2016 on Fox. She appeared in the pilot episode as Michelle, a stripper. She returned in a recurring role for three more episodes in 2017.
On June 1, 2017, Hernandez dramatically quit Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta after six seasons during the taping of the sixth season's reunion, amid tensions with creator Mona Scott-Young and the show's producers.
2017–present: Joseline Takes Miami
On August 6, 2017, Hernandez released a preview of the song "Run Me My Money" on her Instagram account, along with a tag #MONAFEA ("fea" meaning "ugly" in Spanish). It was immediately reported that "Run Me My Money" is a diss record aimed at Scott-Young. Hernandez commented "The show people, let's just get this very clear, all them bitches that go through Love & Hip Hop, they work for me. I get royalties on all them asses, so that was the inspiration." However, she did not directly confirm whether she was taking aim at Scott-Young. Over the next few weeks, Hernandez released snippets of eight new songs, "Mi Cualto", "Slay", "Playboy Bunny", "Papi Lindo", "Finger Fuck a Check", "Spanish Rocksta", "No Me Importa" and "Gold" (feat. Miss Mulatto). On October 8, 2017, she released "Run Me My Money" in full as a digital download. On November 15, 2017, she released "Hate Me Now". This song was widely reported to be as a diss track against Cardi B. Response to "Hate Me Now" was negative, but it appeared at number nine on the HotNewHipHop's Top 100 Songs chart due to "its beef-centric content". In January 2018, Hernandez released a preview of the music video for "Hate Me Now" on her official Instagram page.
On January 8, 2018, it was reported that Hernandez was filming a new reality show, Joseline Takes Miami, produced by Carlos King. Joseline appeared as a commentator (via satellite link) on the talk show Bossip on WE tv from August 30, 2018 until October 4, 2018.
She and Stevie initially claimed to have married in 2013. However, Stevie J admitted in 2016 that the marriage was faked for publicity and in court documents released later that year, Joseline confirmed they were in a long term relationship and never legally married. The couple's break up was documented in Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta's fifth season, although they have reconciled on-and-off since then.
During filming of Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta's fifth season reunion, Hernandez revealed she was pregnant with Stevie's sixth child. She gave birth to a daughter, Bonnie Bella, on December 28, 2016.
|"Been Getting Money"
(featuring Cap 1)
|"Stingy with My Kutty Katt"
(featuring Stevie J)
|"Run Me My Money"|
|"Hate Me Now"|
|2016||Rocko||"Gurls Gon Wow" (feat. Joseline Hernandez & Young Dro)||Wordplay 2|
|Fly Dantoni||"Rico" (feat. Joseline Hernandez)||single|
|2017||Zaytoven||"All Eyes on Me!" (feat. Joseline Hernandez)||Zaytown Sorority, Vol. 2|
|2012–2017||Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta||Herself||104 episodes|
|2013||AVN Awards Show 2013||Herself – Presenter|
|2013||BET Hip Hop Awards 2013||Herself|
|2014||This Is Hot 97||Herself||1 episode|
|2014, 2016||K. Michelle: My Life||Herself||2 episodes|
|2015||Love & Hip Hop Live: The Wedding||Herself|
|2015||Love & Hip Hop Atlanta: After Party Live||Herself||1 episode|
|2015||BET Awards 2015||Herself|
|2016||Stevie J & Joseline: Go Hollywood||Herself||8 episodes|
|2016||The Wendy Williams Show||Herself||1 episode|
|2017||The Real||Herself – Guest Co-Host||10 episodes|
|2017||Hip Hop Squares||Herself – Contestant||1 episode|
|2017||Love & Hip Hop Atlanta: Joseline's Special Delivery||Herself||also co-executive producer|
- "Joseline Hernandez Reveals Her Troubled Past". GlobalGrind.
- "Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta's Joseline Hernandez Sizes Up Her Castmates – Us Weekly". US Weekly.
- Fernandez, Celia (November 3, 2015). "5 Things You Never Knew About Joseline Hernandez". Latina. Archived from the original on February 28, 2018.
- TheLadyLana (July 22, 2013). "Joseline Hernandez Spits About Her Boricua Culture". The Source. Archived from the original on November 16, 2014. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "The Joseline You Don't Know". YouTube. May 3, 2017. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "Who's Who? Get to Know Joseline Hernandez's Family Including Yanira, Abneris, and Brother Kermit". Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Joseline Hernandez mugshot photos as Shenellica Bettencourt, arrested for lewd behavior in 2003 and 2007". Starcasm.
- "Joseline Hernandez: I Was A TV Stripper Named Shenellica... Before 'Love & Hip Hop' – TMZ". TMZ.
- "Oh My Gah! TMZ Unearthed Video of "Shenellica Bettencourt" Before She Was Joseline Hernandez". VH1 News. Retrieved 2018-06-18.
- "5.6M Fans Tuned in to Love & Hip Hop Atlanta's premiere". VH1.
- "VH1's 'Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta' Ranks as the Summer's Number 1 Cable Reality Series in Adults 18–49 & Women 18–49". Zap2it.com.
- "Stevie J and Joseline Go Hollywood debuts at 2.6 million viewers". Bossip.
- "Joseline Hernandez Reveals Baby Girl Will Be Named Bonnie". VH1 News.
- "Joseline on Instagram: "#specialdelivery #ExecutiveProducer #JoselineHernandez #MayFirst #Vh1 I cant wait for everyone to see my very first executive producer…"". Instagram. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Joseline Hernandez Discusses Filming Lee Daniels' New Series". VH1.
- "Joseline Hernandez Leaves 'Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta' Amid Feud With Mona Scott-Young". June 2, 2017. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Hip Hop & No Love: Joseline Hernandez Drops A New Track That Sounds A Lot Like A Mona Scott Diss". Bossip. August 6, 2017. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
- "Joseline Hernandez – "Run Me My Money" (Mona Scott-Young diss)". August 6, 2017. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Joseline Hernandez Reveals Who She's Talking About On New Track "Run Me My Money"". HipHollywood. August 10, 2017. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
- "Hate Me Now". Tidal. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- "Hate Me Now". Apple Music. November 15, 2017. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- F, Matt (November 16, 2017). "Joseline Hernandez Disses Cardi B On "Hate Me Now"". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- Jones, Biz (November 17, 2017). "Joseline Addresses Hard-Hitting Cardi B Feud Record: "No Dissing Just Facts"". SOHH. Retrieved December 6, 2017.
- Pimentel, Julia (November 16, 2017). "Joseline Hernadez Has a Diss Track Aimed at Cardi B". Complex. Verizon Hearst Media Partners. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- DJ AngelBaby (November 17, 2017). "WTH!! Joseline Hernandez Makes A Cardi B Diss Song?". WERQ-FM. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- Post, Chantilly (November 17, 2017). "Wendy Williams Says Joseline Hernandez Is No Cardi B". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- "Joseline Hernandez Drops A Weak Diss Track Aimed At Cardi B." The Breakfast Club. WWPR-FM. November 17, 2017. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- Lyons, Patrick (November 20, 2017). "Top Tracks: Dave East & Lil Uzi Vert's New Banger Is #1". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- "See Why The Internet Thinks Joseline Hernandez Wearing These Stripper Shoes Is A Dig At Cardi B". BET. January 26, 2018. Retrieved January 28, 2018.
- "Joseline Hernandez Gets Her Own Show + The Seductive Photos That Will Make You Drool - HipHollywood". hiphollywood.com. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Love and Hip Hop Star Comes Out as Bisexual - Advocate.com". The Advocate.
- "Are Stevie J + Joseline Married or Not? – VH1". VH1.
- "Stevie J Reveals He & Joseline Hernandez Were Never Married". The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.
- "Joseline Hernandez Says She Was Never Married to Stevie J". Vibe.
- "Stevie J and Joseline are getting along in time for baby Bonnie Bella's baby shower". VH1 News.