|Birth name||José Jiménez Fernández|
11 February 1943 |
Beas de Segura, Jaén, Spain
José Jiménez Fernández (born 11 February 1943), commonly known as Joselito, was a child star in Spain during the 1950s and 1960s.
Joselito was born in Beas de Segura, Jaén, northeast Andalucia in Spain. Joselito made his film debut at the age of 13 and began making other films, including "The Little Nightingale", "Saeta del Ruiseñor", "El Ruiseñor de las Cumbres", "Escucha mi Canción", "El Pequeño Coronel", "Aventuras de Joselito en America", "Los Dos Golfillos", "Bello Re cuerdo", and El caballo blanco (The White Horse) with Antonio Aguilar. Besides acting, Joselito was a popular child singer with a very distinguished voice having sung such songs as "La Campanera", "Dónde estará mi vida", "Gorrioncillo pecho amarillo", "En un pueblito español", "Clavelitos", "Doce Cascabeles", "Las Golondrinas", "El Pastor", "Granada" and "Ave María". He toured several countries in his youth.
He was out of the public eye until adulthood, when he became a media entrepreneur. In 1990, he was arrested by Angolan authorities on charges of gun and drug trafficking. Subsequently, he was deported to Spain, where he was jailed. In 2002 La Jaula del Ruiseñor was released, an authorized biography of Joselito's life. There he wrote that jail was the best thing that had ever happened to him and that it had helped him to overcome his drug addiction as well as to give him a different outlook on life.
Upon his release, he has participated in the Spanish version of the Survivor television series, and collaborated on the movie Spanish Movie, and he is currently living in Utiel (Valencia).
- The Nightingale in the Mountains (1958)
- Listen To My Song (1959)
- The Song of the Nightingale (1959)
- The Little Colonel (1960)
- The Two Little Rascals (1961)
- Lovely Memory (1961)
- Tomy's Secret (1963)
- Pedrito de Andía's New Life (1965)
- Manzano, M. (2002). La Jaula Del Ruiseñor: La Biografía Autorizada de Joselito. Ediciones Martínez Roca. ISBN 9788427029101. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- "La juez dicta prisión incondicional para el excantante Joselito | Edición impresa | EL PAÍS". elpais.com. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- Joselito: "La cárcel es lo mejor que me ha pasado"[permanent dead link]
|This article about a Spanish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Spanish singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|