Joseph, 4th Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau
|Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau|
12 January 1751|
Vienna, Habsburg Monarchy
|Died||11 August 1798
Prague, Kingdom of Bohemia
|Spouse||Countess Rosa of Harrach of Rohrau and Thannhausen|
|Issue||Maria Sidonia, Princess of Lobkowicz
Countess Maria Rosa Johanna
Ferdinand, 5th Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau
Count Franz de Paula
|House||House of Kinsky|
|Father||Franz de Paula Ulrich, 3rd Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau|
|Mother||Countess Maria Sidonie of Hohenzollern-Hechingen|
Joseph, 4th Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau (German: Joseph Ernst Leonhard Dominik Fürst Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau; 12 January 1751 – 11 August 1798) was the 4th Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau.
Rudolf was born at Vienna, Habsburg Monarchy second son of Franz de Paula Ulrich, 3rd Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau and Countess Maria Sidonie of Hohenzollern-Hechingen. He became the prince upon the death of his father in 1792.
Joseph became an Imperial chamberlain in 1767, Lord-in-Waiting (wirklicher Kammerherr) in 1772, counsellor to the government of the Archduchy of Austria in 1774, and imperial counsellor in 1775. In this role he travelled extensively throughout Europe. He succeeded his father in 1792, becoming the 4th Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau. At this stage he resigned his position in the state service.
Marriage and family
Joseph married on 23 April 1777 in Vienna to Countess Rosa of Harrach of Rohrau and Thannhausen (1758–1814), younger daughter of Ferdinand Bonaventura II Anton, Count of Harrach of Rohrau and Thannhausen and his wife, Countess Maria Rosa of Harrach of Rohrau and Thannhausen.
They had four children:
- Countess Maria Sidonia of Wchinitz and Tettau (12 February 1779 – 26 March 1837), married in 1796 to Anton Isidor, Prince of Lobkowicz; had issue.
- Countess Maria Rosa Johanna of Wchinitz and Tettau (23 May 1780 – 16 March 1842)
- Ferdinand, 5th Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau (5 December 1781 – 3 November 1812), married in 1801 to Baroness Maria Charlotte Caroline of Kerpen; had issue.
- Count Franz de Paula Joseph of Wchinitz and Tettau (23 March 1784 – 17 November 1823), married in 1809 to Countess Therese of Wrbna and Freudenthal; had issue.
|Ancestors of Joseph, 4th Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau|
Notes and sources
- Genealogics - Leo van de Pas - Joseph, 4.Fürst Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser, Reference: 1956 548
Joseph, 4th Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and TettauBorn: 12 January 1751 Died: 11 August 1798
|Titles of nobility|
Franz de Paula Ulrich
|Prince Kinsky of Wchinitz and Tettau
19 December 1792 – 11 August 1798
|This biographical article of a European noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|