Joseph "Cannon Ball" Miller (birthdate unknown) was an African-American baseball pitcher in the pre-Negro leagues. His first known games were played for the Page Fence Giants.
Miller played a few seasons for Chicago teams Columbia Giants and Chicago Union Giants.
He played with many popular players of the day, including Sol White, William Binga, Rube Foster, Harry Hyde, Walter Ball, and Charles "Joe" Green.
- ^ a b "Pounded at 'Haha" Minneapolis Journal, Minneapolis, MN, April 22, 1895, Page 6, Column 3
- ^ a b c d "Frank Lelands' Chicago Giants Base Ball Club" Fraternal Printing Company, 1910
- ^ "Brownies Humble Giants" Upper Des Moines-Republican, Algona, IA, Wednesday, June 24, 1903, Page 1, Columns 4 and 5
- ^ Riley, James A. (2002), The Biographical Encyclopedia of the Negro Baseball Leagues, New York: Carroll & Graf, p. 551, ISBN 0786709596
- Negro league and Cuban League statistics and player information from Seamheads.com