Joseph C. Decuir
Joseph C. Decuir
|Born||1950 (age 68–69)|
Pasadena, CA, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley, BS, MS|
|Known for||ITU-T V-series modem standards|
ITU-T T-series facsimile standards
AT Command Set for GSM
Bluetooth Core Specifications
|Spouse(s)||Deborah L.R. Freng (Deb Freng)|
Joseph C. Decuir is an American fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) who was nominated in 2015 for contributions to computer graphics and video games.
Early computer games
Decuir was nominated to Fellowship in the IEEE based on his contribution to early video games. One of his fellow nomination sponsors was Ralph H. Baer. He is a fellow of the IEEE Consumer Electronics Society, IEEE Computer Society and the IEEE Communications Society.
- Atari Video Computer System, aka 2600: Atari 2600
- Atari Personal Computer System, 800-family: Atari 8-bit family
- Amiga Personal Computer: Amiga 
Decuir made substantial technical and editorial contributions to wired and wireless communications engineering standards, including:
- ITU-T V-series modem standards: V.8, V.8bis, V.32bis V.34, V.80, V.90, V.250, V.251 and V.253
- ITU-T T-series facsimile standards: T.30, T.31 and T.32
- European Telecommunications Standard Institute (ETSI): ETS 300 642: AT Command Set for GSM Mobile Equipment (ME)
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) standards: USB 1.1 & 2.0, Interchip USB 1.0 and High Speed Interchip USB 1.0
- USB Communications Device Class, Wireless Mobile Communications and Network Control Model
- European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA International): ECMA-368, High Rate Ultra Wideband MAC and PHY Standard
- Wireless USB v1.1
- Bluetooth Core Specifications: v3.0, v4.0, v4.1 and v4.2
- Bluetooth Profiles and Services: RESTful API, Internet Protocol Support v1.0, HTTP Proxy Services v1.0
- Lecturer at University of Washington in Electronics Engineering: https://www.uwb.edu/
- Secretary of IEEE Region 6 - Western United States: http://ieee-region6.org/
- Editor of draft IEEE Standard 2030.10, DC Microgrids: http://smartgrid.ieee.org/p2030-10-standard-for-dc-microgrids-for-rural-and-remote-electricity-access-applications
- IEEE Consumer Electronics Society Board of Governors, 2015-2017: http://cesoc.ieee.org/
Decuir volunteers his time to IEEE Global Humanitarian Conferences.
- "2015 elevated fellow" (PDF). IEEE Fellows Directory.
- Stilphen, Scott. "DP Interviews ... Joe Decuir". Digit Press. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- Kindig, Randy (May 17, 2015). "ANTIC Interview 44 - Joe Decuir, Atari 400/800 Designer". Antic. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- In patents assigned to Commodore Amiga
- "System and method for a switched data bus termination". U.S. Patent Office. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- Dave Round KF7BMC Issaquah Amateur Radio Club, ...He leaves two daughters, Deborah Freng and her husband Joe Decuir, and his daughter Gail Round...
- Decuir, Joseph (2016). "Global Humanitarian Technology Conferences". IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine. 5 (Oct 2016): 19–29, 128. doi:10.1109/MCE.2016.2590078. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
|This article about a United States engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|