Joseph Cheney Bolton
At the 1874 general election Bolton stood for Parliament in the Glasgow constituency, where he won by less than 1% of the votes. However, at the next general election, 1880, he was elected as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Stirlingshire. He held the seat until he stood down at the 1892 general election.
Unfortunately, Bolton died at the age of 81.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "S" (part 5)
- Debretts Guide to the House of Commons 1886
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1832–1885 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. pp. 547, 605. ISBN 0-900178-26-4.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1885–1918 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. p. 561. ISBN 0-900178-27-2.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Joseph Bolton
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Sir William Edmonstone
| Member of Parliament for Stirlingshire
|This article about a Liberal Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom representing a Scottish constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|