This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||November 13, 1949|
|Occupation||President, Ploughshares Fund|
Cirincione was appointed to the presidency of the Ploughshares Fund by the Ploughshares board of directors on 5 March 2008.
He is the author of Bomb Scare: The History and Future of Nuclear Weapons (Columbia University Press, 2007) and Deadly Arsenals: Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Threats (Carnegie Endowment, second edition 2006) and the co-author of Universal Compliance: A Strategy for Nuclear Security  (Carnegie Endowment, 2005).
Cirincione has advocated for negotiations to end the diplomatic stalemate regarding the nuclear program of Iran. His many public espousals of nonviolent conflict resolution include an appearance on The Colbert Report.
Cirincione previously served as vice president for national security and international policy at the Center for American Progress in Washington, DC. For eight years he was the director for non-proliferation at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, where he chaired and organized five of the annual Carnegie International Non-Proliferation Conferences. The 2005 conference included Cirincione's 15-minute slide and film presentation, "A Brief History of the Nuclear Age."
He worked for nine years in the U.S. House of Representatives, beginning in 1985 as a professional staff member of the Committee on Armed Services. He also served as a staff member of the Committee on Government Operations, and served as staff director of the bipartisan Military Reform Caucus.
- "Joseph Cirincione to Lead Expansion of Ploughshares Fund". Ploughshares Fund. February 20, 2008. Archived from the original on July 3, 2013.
- Clemons, Steve (February 19, 2008). "Center for American Progress Nuke Expert Becomes Foundation President". Washington Note.
- Cirincione, Joseph; Wolfsthal, Jon; Rajkumar, Miriam (July 10, 2005). "Deadly Arsenals: Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Threats" (2nd ed.). Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Retrieved 2013-05-24.
- Perkovich, George; Tuchman Mathews, Jessica; Cirincione, Joseph; Gottemoeller, Rose; Wolfsthal, Jon B. (March 2005). "Universal Compliance: A Strategy for Nuclear Security". Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Archived from the original on 2006-12-28.
- Cirincione, Joseph (November 2006). "The Clock's Ticking: Stop Iran Before It Is Too Late". Arms Control Today. Arms Control Association.
- Gwertzman, Bernard (January 6, 2006). "Q&A: Iran's Nuclear Issues". New York Times.
- "Video discussion with Cirincione and Jacqueline Shire". Bloggingheads.tv. April 19, 2007.
- "Better Know a Lobby - Ploughshares Fund". The Colbert Report. November 30, 2009.
- "2005 Carnegie International Non-Proliferation Conference". Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Archived from the original on 2006-03-29.
- Cirncione, Joseph (2005). "A Brief History of the Atomic Age". Dot-Org Digital Media Services. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29.
- "Joseph Cirincione". Q&A. C-SPAN. May 27, 2007.