Farah in 2013
|Born||Joseph Francis Farah
July 6, 1954
Paterson, New Jersey, United States
|Notable awards||The Washington Times Foundation National Service Award (1996)|
Farah was born in Paterson, New Jersey, on July 6, 1954, to parents of Syrian and Lebanese ancestry. His father was a schoolteacher. He graduated from William Paterson University, in Wayne, New Jersey with a B.A. in Communications. He is married to Elizabeth Farah and is a conservative evangelical Christian.
Farah worked for six years as executive news editor at the Los Angeles Herald Examiner. On July 22, 1990, Farah became editor of the Sacramento Union. The paper had been losing up to $3 million annually, and in early 1990 it was purchased from Richard Mellon Scaife by Daniel Benvenuti Jr. and David Kassis. Farah and the paper's owners envisioned the paper as a conservative alternative to the Sacramento Bee. "We just thought the way to go was to be unabashedly conservative in our approach," explained Farah to the Washington Post. Among other things, Farah convinced Rush Limbaugh to write a daily column, which ran on "Page 1."
In 1991, Farah left the Union and co-founded the Western Journalism Center. Farah received the Washington Times Foundation National Service Award in 1996. He currently writes a weekly print column for the Jerusalem Post which is nationally syndicated through Creators Syndicate.
Farah is among those who have promulgated conspiracy theories questioning Barack Obama's status as a natural born citizen of the United States and resultant eligibility to serve as U.S. President, stating, "It'll plague Obama throughout his presidency. It'll be a nagging issue and a sore on his administration, much like Monica Lewinsky was on Bill Clinton's presidency" and "It's not going to go away, and it will drive a wedge in an already divided public." Despite the release of Obama's notarized birth certificate abstract, Farah demanded that Obama release his "long-form" birth certificate, which was subsequently posted on the White House's web site on April 27, 2011. Farah had previously pledged $15,000 to the hospital where Obama was born upon the release of said document. When Obama finally released the long-form birth certificate, he called it "fraudulent," and disowned the pledge.
- Collaborated with Rush Limbaugh on See, I Told You So (1994)
- Farah, Joseph; Richard Pombo (1996). This Land Is Our Land: How to End the War on Private Property. St. Martins Press. ISBN 978-0-312-14747-1.
- Farah, Joseph (2005). Taking America Back: A Radical Plan to Revive Freedom, Morality, and Justice. WND Books. ISBN 978-1-58182-469-8.
- Farah, Joseph (2007). Stop the Presses!: The Inside Story of the New Media Revolution. WND Books. ISBN 978-1-58182-469-8.
- Farah, Joseph (2008). None of the Above: Why 2008 Is the Year to Cast the Ultimate Protest Vote. WND Books. ISBN 978-1-935071-01-3.
- Farah, Joseph (2010). The Tea Party Manifesto: A Vision for an American Rebirth. WND Books. ISBN 978-1-935071-28-0.
- Black, Jane (August 28, 2001). "On the Web, Small and Focused Pays Off". Business Week. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- Gass, Nick (June 11, 2015). "Noam Chomsky: Hillary Clinton like Barack Obama, only 'more militant'". Politico. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- Burns, John F. (May 5, 2009). "Britain Identifies 16 Barred From Entering U.K.". The New York Times. New York City, NY: Arthur Ochs Sulzberger Jr. Retrieved Mar 26, 2010.
according to WorldNetDaily.com, a conservative Web site.
- "All eyes on Lebanon". WorldNetDaily.com. August 1, 2006. Retrieved 2011-05-06.
- Stephen Goode (March 4, 2003). "Putting faith in the founding fathers: WorldNetDaily.com cofounder Joseph Farah challenges all Americans to take back their country by embracing traditional values and spurning today's MTV culture". Insight magazine. p. 4.
- Joseph Farah (November 26, 2008). "Where was Obama born?". World Net Daily. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- William Trombley (May 16, 1991). "Paper Chase; Media: The Sacramento Union is Trying to Attract Readers and Advertisers by Billing Itself as 'Pro-American,' 'Pro-Life,' and 'Pro-Business.'". Los Angeles Times.
- Pat Guy (July 13, 1990). "New editor for 'Sacramento Union'". USA Today.
- Howard Kurtz and Charles Trueheart (October 23, 1990). "At Sacramento Union, A Conservative Bent". Washington Post.
- Dorothy Giobbe (September 17, 1994). "Western Journalism Center director says it's non-partisan, not pro-right wing". Editor & Publisher.
- "About Joseph Farah". Creators.com.
- Mark O'Keefe (November 24, 2002). "Conservative media flex muscles". The Star-Ledger (Newark).
- The Occidental Quarterly, Volume 6, Number 2, Summer 2006, pp. 9–37 "Sexual Utopia in Power" by F. Roger Devlin – p. 23 Modern Chivalry: "Joseph Farah of World Net Daily commends a wife for murdering her unfaithful husband." in reference to FREE CLARA HARRIS! published January 30, 2003 by Joseph Farah: "Clara Harris hit the gas on her Mercedes and ran over Harris, shearing the passenger door right off the home wrecker’s Navigator. She ran over him a few more times to make sure he was dead .. I say: Free Clara Harris. We need more women like her. Live like her .. I would find Clara Harris not guilty. After she was sprung, I’d give her a medal. She did the world a favor .. she did the right thing. That creep deserved what he got .. Free her and let her be an example to every cheating husband and wife in America. There is a price to pay. Sometimes it’s the ultimate price."
- Ben Smith (February 25, 2009). "Shelby says he has no doubts on Obama citizenship". Politico.
- "In NH, Trump takes credit for Obama birth info". The Associated Press. April 27, 2011.
- Tim Jones (December 8, 2008). "Court won't review Obama's eligibility to serve". Hartford Courant. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- "Born in the U.S.A". FactCheck.org.
- Joseph Farah (November 21, 2008). "Obama's state secret: His birth certificate!". World Net Daily. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- Dan Pfeiffer. "President Obama's Long Form Birth Certificate". The White House Blog.
- "$10,000, no $15,000 for proof of Obama's birth hospital". WND. January 9, 2009.
- Justin Elliott (April 27, 2011). "Joseph Farah owes $15,000 to Kapi'olani Medical Center". Salon.
- "Is Obama constitutionally eligible to serve?". WorldNetDaily. December 31, 2011.
- WorldNetDaily Official website
- Washington Post Online Chat Session with Joseph Farah
- Appearances on C-SPAN