Joseph Janus (Born March 30th, 1969) is an American advertising executive and businessman. He is the chief executive officer of WESC (We Are the Superlative Conspiracy) America, a clothing company. He previously was the advertising and marketing senior vice president at Calvin Klein and the Creative Director of Bodhi Bags.
Janus began his career at Guess, and then in the 1990s worked for JNCO. Janus worked with “an in-house group of illustrators, clothing designers, graffiti artists and promotion experts that serve as an ad hoc ad team to ensure the look and feel of advertising will be anything but traditional.” For his work at JNCO, Advertising Age named him as one of the “Marketing 100”. After leaving JNCO, he began working for Calvin Klein.
While working at Bodhi Bags, Janus expanded the brand to include items for men and tech collections. Bodhi also partnered with North Shore Animal League and Beth Ostrosky to create a limited edition line of animal friendly bags.
- P., Mike. "WeSC Drops Licencing Agreement, Appoints New CEO". SBC Business. SBC Business. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "‘Birkin’ author back in the handbag biz". Page Six. Page Six. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- Martine, Lord. "SF GATE INTERVIEW / Brief Encounter / Underwear model Travis talks". SF Gate. SF Gate. Retrieved 14 November 2001.
- Transworld Business - WeSC Americas CEO Joseph Janus On Building Street Wear Culture In North America
- Ebenkamp, Becky. "Where the boys are". CBS Business Library. BPI Communications. Retrieved 13 April 1998. Check date values in:
- Zbar, Jeffery. "THE MARKETING 100: JNCO: JOSEPH JANUS". Ad Age. Ad Age. Retrieved 28 June 1998. Check date values in:
- Needle, Brandon. "Apple tote bag will retail for $300". The Tablet Authority. Tablet Times. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Bodhi Bags to Benefit NSALA". North Shore Animal League. North Shore Animal League. Retrieved 10 June 2009.
- "Ben Jelen Biography". Itunes. Itunes.
- "Ben Jelen". Billboard Music. Billboard Music.