|Alma mater||Stanford University|
University of California, Berkeley
|Occupation||Former CEO of Novartis|
Jimenez began his career at Clorox before joining ConAgra Foods.[non-primary source needed] Prior to joining Novartis, he was head of H. J. Heinz Company's North American business from 2002 to 2006. He was also a non-executive director of AstraZeneca from 2002 to 2007, as well as an advisor for the Blackstone Group.
During his time at Novartis, Jimenez increasingly applied standard business metrics to pharma cash flow, purchasing and competitive bidding, confident that his experience in consumer goods would help to realize improvements in Novartis' operations. His cost-cutting moves, focused mostly on marketing and administration, came steadily, with more than a billion cut in 2010, and even more than that in 2011.
- "Fix the Problem, and Not Just the Symptoms". New York Times. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Joseph Jimenez MBA". Businessweek. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Joseph Jimenez - Forbes". People.forbes.com. 2012-04-18. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Joseph Jimenez - The 25 most influential people in biopharma today". Fierce Biotech. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Greil, Anita (2010-01-26). "Vasella's Impeccable Timing - The Source - WSJ". Blogs.wsj.com. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Joseph Jimenez - The 25 most influential people in biopharma today - FierceBiotech". www.fiercebiotech.com.
- http://www.gm.com/company/aboutGM/board_of_directors0/joseph_jimenez.html. Missing or empty
|title=(help)[permanent dead link]
- "Novartis CEO Jimenez to Quit, Giving Reins to Harvard Doctor". Bloomberg.com. Bloomberg Technology. 4 September 2017. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- "Why former Novartis CEO Joe Jimenez joined a microbiome startup board".
- Ramsey, Lydia (May 17, 2019). "Dispensed: How health insurance startups fared at the start of 2019, Impossible Foods' big burger change, and a look at uBiome's board".
- "UBiome's independent directors are dropping the health care start-up following an FBI raid, and now there's just 1 left". May 15, 2019.
- "UBiome's Independent Directors are Ditching the Healthcare Startup Following an FBI Raid". May 15, 2019.
- Ramsey, Lydia (May 15, 2019). "uBiome's independent directors are ditching the healthcare startup following an FBI raid, and now there's only 1 left".