|Joseph Peter Lopinto, III|
|Louisiana State Representative for District 80 (Jefferson Parish)|
January 14, 2008
|Preceded by||Charles D. Lancaster, Jr.|
|Born||June 11, 1976|
|Residence||Metairie, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana|
|Alma mater||Loyola University Law School|
Joseph Peter Lopinto, III, known as Joe Lopinto (born June 11, 1976), is an attorney from Metairie, Louisiana, who was a Republican member of the Louisiana House of Representatives from District 80 in suburban Jefferson Parish outside New Orleans.
Lopinto was elected to the legislature in 2007 to succeed the term-limited Republican Charles D. Lancaster, Jr., whose initial service had dated to 1972-1976 and again from 1980-2008. In the nonpartisan blanket primary, Lopinto defeated fellow Republican Glenn Lee, 6,170 (58.6 percent) to 4,357 (41.4 percent).
He has been the vice chair of the House Commerce Committee and a member of the Committee on the Administration of Criminal Justice. In 2010, Lopinto supported the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry 88 percent of the time and the Louisiana Family Forum 100 percent. In 2009, he was ranked 100 percent by the Louisiana Right to Life Federation.
Entering his third and final House term on January 11, 2016, Lopinto has announced that he will cross party lines to support the Democrat Walt Leger, III, of New Orleans for Speaker of the Louisiana House of Representatives, the choice of incoming Governor John Bel Edwards. However, in an upset, lawmakers chose not Leger as Speaker but New Iberia Republican Taylor Barras.
- "Rep. Joseph Lopinto". congress.org. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Louisiana primary election returns, October 20, 2007". staticresults.sos.la.gov. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Rep. Joseph P. Lopinto". house.louisiana. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Rep. Joseph P. Lopinto, III". votesmart.org. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- State of Louisiana, Primary election returns, October 22, 2011
- "Results for Election Date: 3/24/2012". staticresults.sos.la.gov. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- The Moon Griffon Show, December 17, 2015
- The Moon Griffon Show, January 11, 2016
|Louisiana House of Representatives|
Charles D. Lancaster, Jr.
|Louisiana State Representative from District 80 (Jefferson Parish)
Joseph Peter Lopinto, III