||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Nyagah was a member of the then governing Kenya African National Union and a minister in President Daniel Arap Moi's office until quitting both the ministry and the party in the run-up to the 2002 general election. He fought the election in Gachoka Constituency as an opposition National Rainbow Coalition candidate He was a member of Orange Democratic Movement's 'Pentagon' in the lead up to the 2007 general election.
His LinkedIn profile  refers to him as a "Cabinet Member at Government of Kenya".
- "Profile". Office of Public Communications, Government of Kenya. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- Macharia Kamau (2010-05-11). "Nyagah says all is well at New KCC as restructuring nears end". The Standard. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- Gray Phombeah (2002-11-12). "New blow for Kenya's ruling party". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- James Astill (2002-12-27). "Violence mars final day of Kenya's election campaign". The Guardian. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- "Joseph Nyagah - Kenya LinkedIn".