Joseph R. Yost
|Joseph R. Yost|
|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates
from the 12th district
January 11, 2012
|Preceded by||Jim Shuler|
|Succeeded by||Chris Hurst (Elect)|
June 9, 1986 |
Pearisburg, Virginia, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Lisa Michelle Robinson|
|Alma mater||Radford University (B.S., M.A.)|
|Occupation||Executive Director of the Giles County Historical Society|
Health, Welfare and Institutions
Joseph R. Yost (born June 9, 1986 in Pearisburg, Virginia) is an American politician. A Republican, he was elected to the Virginia House of Delegates in 2011. He currently represents[update] the 12th district, made up of Giles County, the city of Radford, and parts of Montgomery and Pulaski counties in the western part of the state.
Early life, education, business career
Yost became active with the Montgomery County Republican Committee in 2009. He was elected chair of the Roanoke/New River Valley Young Republicans in 2011.
In the 2017 election, he lost in an upset to opponent Chris Hurst for his spot in the Virginia House of Delegates.
- "Virginia House of Delegates 2012; Delegate Joseph R. Yost;". Virginia House of Delegates. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "Delegate Joseph Yost". Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "November 2011 General Election Official Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2013-05-20. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "Delegate Joseph Yost (R-Blacksburg)". Richmond Sunlight.
- "Joseph Yost". Virginia Public Access Project.
- "Election Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2010-06-17.
|This article about a Virginia politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|