This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Joseph Twist (born 1982) is an Australian composer known for composing music for several artists such as Moby, Missy Higgins, Guy Sebastian, Kate Miller-Heidke, The Idea of North, Chanticleer and The Wiggles and television shows including Bluey. Twist also composed work for movies including The Jungle Book (2016), Zoolander 2, Baywatch and The Brooklyn Banker. His music involves a variety of genres ranging from ancient vocal music, opera, contemporary orchestral music, jazz, musical theatre and cabaret.
Twist has received wide acclaim for his music, and his concert works are performed by professional ensembles around the world. Twist also currently works in copying and orchestration on Hollywood studio films in Los Angeles with Steven Juliani Music.
Twist holds four tertiary degrees in music composition including doctorate and master's degrees from the University of Queensland, the Australian Film Television and Radio School, and New York University. Twist has participated in several film scoring programs around the United States, such as NYU ASCAP Film Scoring Workshop in New York and the ASCAP Film and TV Workshop with Richard Bellis in Los Angeles.
Twist has received numerous awards, including the ASCAP Jimmy Van Heusen Award 2013, the Chanticleer International Composition Competition, the APRA Professional Development Award (Film and TV Category), and a first place finish in the 15th International Choral Composition Competition in 2011.
- "Do not Stand at my Grave and Weep” – for SATB Choir. Commissioned by the National Youth Choir of Australia, 2004.
- “Love Themes” – a set of Madrigals for 6 Voices. Written for The Song Company, 2005. (3mvts)
- "Fanfare for the Common Consumer" (for Orchestra)
- "On the Night Train" for SATB Choir
- "Wandering" for SATB Choir
- "Rain Dream" for SSAA Choir and Piano
- "I Dance Myself to Sleep" for Orchestra
- "How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?" for SATB Choir
- "Joseph Twist - New Songs, Playlists & Latest News - BBC". Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- "Joseph Twist". IMDb. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- McPherson, Angus (22 March 2017). "Chronology Arts Lists 'In Demand' Australian Composers". Limelight Magazine. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- "IMDB". IMDB. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "joetwist.com". joetwist.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Music Details for Wednesday 28 December 2005". Up Late with Julian Day. Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC). Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep - Morton Music - Musical Resources". Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Music Details for Monday 16 January 2006". In Performance with Damien Beaumont. Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC). Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Fanfare for the common consumer : from Symphony for a busy world by Joseph Twist : Work : Australian Music Centre". Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "On the night train : for mixed voices by Joseph Twist : Work : Australian Music Centre". Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "On the Night Train - Morton Music - Musical Resources". Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 10 March 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Rain dream : for treble voices and piano by Joseph Twist : Work : Australian Music Centre". Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Rain Dream - Morton Music - Musical Resources". Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 16 March 2011. Retrieved 10 March 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- BBC Radio 3 - Choral Evensong, Winchester Cathedral