Joseph Wells (academic)
Joseph Wells, 1924, by Glyn Philpot
|Vice-Chancellor of the
University of Oxford
|Preceded by||Lewis Richard Farnell|
|Succeeded by||Francis William Pember|
|Alma mater||the Queen's College, Oxford|
- "The Persian Friends of Herodotus". The Journal of Hellenic Studies. 27: 37–47. 1907. doi:10.2307/624403.
- "The Genuineness of the Γῆς περίοδος of Hecataeus". The Journal of Hellenic Studies. 29 (1): 41–52. 1909. doi:10.2307/624641.
- "Cicero and the Conquest of Gaul". The Quarterly Review. 230: 361–379. October 1918.
- "Herodotus and Athens". Classical Philology. 23 (4): 317–331. October 1928. doi:10.1086/361074.
- Oxford and its Colleges, etc.
- A Short History of Rome to the Death of Augustus (1896)
- Wadham College (1898)
- The Oxford Degree Ceremony, Clarendon Press (1906)
- The Charm of Oxford (1920)
- ed. (with W. W. How) Herodotus (2 vols)
- Studies in Herodotus, 1923
- "Previous Vice-Chancellors". University of Oxford, UK. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Wells, Joseph". Who's Who: p. 2602. 1919.
- The Degree Ceremonies of Oxford University — Part 1.
Patrick Arckley Wright-Henderson
|Warden of Wadham College, Oxford
John Frederick Stenning
Lewis Richard Farnell
|Vice-Chancellor of Oxford University
Francis William Pember
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an academic administrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to the University of Oxford is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|