This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In September 2013
Josephine Skriver Karlsen
14 April 1993
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Hair color||Light Brown|
Josephine Skriver-Karlsen (born 14 April 1993) is a Danish model known for her work with Victoria's Secret.
At the age of 15, Skriver was discovered and approached about her modeling potential while on a trip to New York with her soccer team. Shortly thereafter, she was signed by Unique Models, an international modeling agency based in Copenhagen. She was consequently approached by other agencies outside of Denmark, but decided to wait to stay in school. After finishing school, she began pursuing a modeling career in 2011.
Skriver's debut season was Fall/Winter 2011, during which she opened for Alberta Ferretti and closed for Prada. That season, she also walked for many other prominent designers, like Calvin Klein, Rag & Bone, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Givenchy, Yves Saint Laurent, Valentino, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, DKNY and Christian Dior.
Throughout her career, she has done advertisement campaigns for brands such as H&M, Dior, Gucci, Bulgari, DKNY, Michael Kors, Balmain, MAC Cosmetics, Armani Exchange, Karen Millen, Max Mara, Topten, Tommy Hilfiger, Yves Saint Laurent Beauty, Caleres, Tom Ford, Shu Uemura, Andrew Marc, G-Shock, Victoria's Secret and she has been on the cover of and featured in editorials of numerous magazines such as Marie Claire, Vanity Fair, V magazine, Interview, L'Officiel, Vs., W, Allure, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Australian, Brazilian, Spanish and American Vogue as well as Danish, Italian, Brazilian, Swedish, French Elle and British, Polish, Mexican, Arabian and American Harper's Bazaar, and more.
She has worked with Mario Testino for Michael Kors, Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia, Tim Walker for American Vogue, Greg Kadel for German Vogue, Terry Richardson for H&M and Patrick Demarchelier for Dior.
Skriver has appeared in catalogs and advertisements for Victoria's Secret and walked in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show every consecutive year since 2013. In February 2016, it was announced that Skriver was officially one of the brand's contracted Angels.
She has said that her ultimate goal is that her story will "not be that interesting soon, because that would mean that society has come to accept LGBT parents to be just as traditional and normal as any other way of having a family."
- "Seje fodboldpiger". tv2fyn.dk. 26 May 2010. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Supermodels when They Were Kids". Retrieved 9 July 2013.[dead link]
- "The Society Management - Josephine Skriver". The Society Management. Archived from the original on 4 December 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Victoria's Secret model reveals what it's like to be born via IVF to a lesbian mother and gay father". Business Insider. 21 May 2015.
- "Model Josephine Skriver Wants To Be A Voice For The Children Of Gay Parents". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- "Josephine Skriver | Top Models - FashionTV Network". FashionTV. Archived from the original on 23 March 2016. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- "Josephine Skriver - Fashion Model - Profile on New York Magazine". nymag.com. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- FashionModelDirectory.com, The FMD -. "Josephine Skriver - Fashion Model | Models | Photos, Editorials & Latest News | The FMD". The FMD - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- "Meet The New Victoria's Secret Angel". Vogue UK. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- "Victoria's Secret Model Talks Being an IVF Kid, Gay Parents". E! Online. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- "HOW ONE MODEL IS USING HER PERSONAL STORY TO FIGHT FOR MARRIAGE EQUALITY". Retrieved 4 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josephine Skriver.|