Josh Anderson (ice hockey)
May 7, 1994|
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||220 lb (100 kg; 15 st 10 lb)|
|NHL team||Columbus Blue Jackets|
95th overall, 2012|
Columbus Blue Jackets
Josh Anderson (born May 7, 1994) is a Canadian professional ice hockey right wing. He is currently playing with the Columbus Blue Jackets of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was drafted in the fourth round, 95th overall, by the Blue Jackets in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Anderson was born in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
Anderson was drafted in the fourth round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft by the Columbus Blue Jackets. While in his final junior season with the London Knights in the Ontario Hockey League, on November 5, 2013, Anderson was signed to a three-year entry-level contract with the Blue Jackets. He made his NHL debut on January 16, 2015, against the New York Rangers. During the 2015–16, Anderson underwent surgery to repair a small orbital fracture that had occurred during a preseason game, and was expected to miss up to four weeks to recover. Despite his setback, Anderson scored his first NHL goal on January 9, 2016, against Cam Ward of the Carolina Hurricanes.
Regular season and playoffs
|2014–15||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||6||0||1||1||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||Lake Erie Monsters||AHL||58||18||21||39||108||15||7||5||12||24|
|2015–16||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||12||1||3||4||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||78||17||12||29||89||5||1||1||2||2|
|2017–18||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||63||19||11||30||42||6||1||2||3||21|
|2018–19||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||82||27||20||47||60||10||1||2||3||22|
Awards and honours
|Calder Cup (Lake Erie Monsters)||2016|||
- "Blue Jackets sign Anderson to ELC". Columbus Blue Jackets. 2013-11-05. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "Burlington's Anderson expected to make NHL debut tonight". The Hamilton Spectator. January 16, 2015. Retrieved July 6, 2018.
- "Josh Anderson to undergo surgery, expected to miss four weeks". NHL.com. October 2, 2015. Retrieved July 6, 2018.
- "Burlington's Anderson nets first NHL goal". insidehalton.com. January 10, 2016. Retrieved July 6, 2018.
- "Anderson out four weeks for Blue Jackets with knee injury". NHL.com. February 27, 2018. Retrieved July 6, 2018.
- Brown, Tony (June 12, 2016). "Bjorkstrand's OT goal clinches Monsters' first-ever Calder Cup championship". Columbus Blue Jackets. Retrieved June 12, 2016.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey winger born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|