|Born||January 12, 1981|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Hometown||Richmond Hill, Ontario|
|Height||196 cm (6 ft 5 in)|
|Beach volleyball information|
Josh Binstock (born January 12, 1981), nicknamed Binner, is a male two-time Olympian beach volleyball player from Canada. He competed in the 2012 Olympics in London and the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio. He also competed for Canada in volleyball in Israel in the 2009 Maccabiah Games, the 2013 Maccabiah Games (at which he was Canada's flag-bearer, and won a silver medal), and the 2017 Maccabiah Games (at which he won a gold medal). In 2014, he and his partner were Canadian national champions, his third national championship.
His hometown is Richmond Hill, Ontario, and he graduated from Richmond Hill High School (Ontario). He attended the University of Toronto, where he received a Bachelor of Health and Physical Education in 2004. He is a trained chiropractor, having earned a Doctorate of Chiropractic at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in 2009.
Binstock began competing in volleyball when he was 23 years old, on the beach circuit during his off-season from the University of Toronto. He is known for his defensive ability and is able to play the left and right side. He is known to be a good setter and has a very efficient side out game.
In 2014 he and partner Sam Schachter were Canadian national champions, his third national championship, and also won a gold medal at the Paraná Open, an FIVB (international volleyball federation) World Tour event. In 2015 they placed 9th at the FIVB World Championship, and came in second at the Major Series tournament in Porec, Croatia.
He competed for Canada in volleyball in the 2009 Maccabiah Games and the 2013 Maccabiah Games in Israel, at which he was Canada's flag-bearer and won a silver medal in the indoor competition. At the 2017 Maccabiah Games, he and Aaron Nusbaum went undefeated to win the gold medal in men’s beach volleyball.
Binstock is sponsored by Overkill, Canuck Stuff, and Bolle.
- Josh Binstock | Official Canadian Olympic Team Website | Team Canada | 2016 Olympic Games
- Jewish quartet clash on the beach in Argentina - The Canadian Jewish News
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Joshua Binstock". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Josh Binstock". Rich VanHuizen. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Tribute to Two-time Olympian Josh Binstock | Ontario Volleyball Association
- Volleyball Canada. "Canada wins three medals at beach volleyball NORCECA event". Retrieved 2009-10-15.[dead link]
- Jewish Olympians Binstock and Schachter are ready for Rio
- Josh Binstock and Sam Schachter Win Canadian Olympic Trials | FloVolleyball
- "Josh Binstock and Sam Schachter win final Canadian Olympic beach volleyball spot". www.olympics.cbc.ca. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 16 July 2016. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "Walkover gold for Nusbaum, Binstock at Maccabi Games", YorkRegion.com.