This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Joshua Ryan Bolt
2 May 1994
Josh Bolt (born Joshua Ryan Bolt on 2 May 1994) is an English actor from Liverpool, England. He played "Robbie" in the multi award winning feature film The Be All and End All, a role which saw him shortlisted for the best newcomer at the 2009 British Indepependent Film Awards. Josh began acting at the age of 12 when he was cast in a theatre production of Much Ado About Nothing. In 2009 he starred alongside Aaron Johnson and Kristin Scott Thomas playing "Pete Shotton" in the BAFTA nominated film Nowhere Boy.
He went on to appear in the ninth series of Shameless, playing the pot smoking psychopath "Frasier Kane".
He is featured in a music video for the British Indy punk band The Luka State appearing in the video for their single "Mutual Feelings".
In July 2012, IMDB named Josh as one of their rising British teenage stars.
Bolt played Brian Harris, a central character, in the two-part BBC Three drama The Crash which centres on a car crash inspired by real life events.
He portrayed Daniel in the third series of Scott & Bailey
In February 2013 Josh began work on The Heart of Nowhere a film directed by Charlie Fink to coincide with Noah and the Whale's final album; he played Floyd the bass player of the group alongside Bill Milner and Toby Regbo.
At the 2013 BAFTA television awards Last Tango in Halifax won best drama and filming began in June 2013 of its second series,Josh reprised his role as Raff. Josh returned for the third series in 2014 and is set to return for a fourth in 2016.
In March 2015, producers of the hit sitcom Benidorm announced that Bolt had been cast as part of a brand new family for Series 8, due to air in January 2016.
Bolt lent his voice to the Doctor Who audio series from Big Finish the episode entitled "Dethras" will feature Bolt alongside the fourth incarnation of the Doctor Tom Baker and is to be released in 2017.
He played a young soldier named Thomas Macquillan opposite Rafe Spall in the ITV drama "Harry Price Ghost Hunter" ITV's adaptation of Neil Spring's debut novel, The Ghost Hunters. The film aired on ITV1 on 27 December
Bolt starred as Reburrus a young boy who's hungry for revenge following the slaughter of his family in "Barbarians Rising" a 8-part drama for the History Channel airing in the U.S. and the U.K. It charted the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.
In December Josh recorded another Doctor Who title from Big Finish, entitled "Agents of Chaos" this time playing Kalan, a companion of the War Doctor John Hurt. It was released in Autumn 2016 and earned Bolt fantastic reviews.
In March, Bolt returned to film his second series of Benidorm. The ninth series will comprise nine episodes instead of seven.
Winter 2016 Bolt and Happy Valley star Adam Long recorded the second volume of The Story Of a New Name which was written by Elena Ferrante and adapted by Timberlake Wertenbaker for BBC Radio 4 he played the part of Antonio
- Barbarians Rising (TV) (2016) - Reburrus
- Grantchester (TV) (2016) - Rory Crompton (Episode 2.2)
- Benidorm (TV) (2016-) - Rob Dawson
- Heart of Nowhere (Short Film) (2013) - Floyd
- Last Tango in Halifax (TV Series 2012) - Raff (18 Episodes, 2012-15)
- Scott & Bailey (TV Series 2011) - Daniel Gallagher (1 Episode, 2013)
- The Crash (2013) - Brian Harris
- Inspector Lewis (TV Series 2007) - Adam Tibit/ Adam Tibitt (2 Episodes, 2013)
- Accused (TV series 2010) - Dom Cartwright (1 Episode, 2012)
- Shameless (UK TV series)(2004) - Frasier Kane (2 Episodes, 2012)
- Just Henry (TV Movie 2011) - Henry
- Nowhere Boy (2009) - Pete Shotton
- The Be All and End All (2009) - Robbie Wallace
- Liverpool teenagers prepare for Rome Film Festival
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 September 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-11.