|No. 20 Denver Broncos|
|Date of birth:||March 5, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Burlington, North Carolina|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Lexington (NC) West Davidson|
|NFL draft:||2012 / Round: 6 / Pick: 187|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Joshua B. Bush (born March 5, 1989) is an American football free safety for the Denver Broncos. He was drafted by the New York Jets in the sixth round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Wake Forest.
High school career
Bush attended West Davidson High School where he was a standout player, on both sides of the ball. Bush was The 2006 Dispatch All-County Defensive Player of the Year after intercepting six passes as a senior. He also played quarterback as a senior, throwing for 676 yards and rushing for 642. He was an all-conference baseball player his junior year and played for the Post 8 American Legion team that went to the state finals.
Bush attended Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He was a redshirt his freshman year and did not see any playing time. After redshirting in 2007 at Wake, Bush saw limited action as a redshirt freshman, making 17 tackles. He was used mostly at free safety in his sophomore year and had one interception. That one pick was a big one — it ended Russell Wilson's NCAA record of 379 passes without an interception. He played both cornerback and free safety as a junior, starting eight games and recording 33 tackles.As a senior free safety, Bush led the Demon Deacons with six interceptions and was named first-team all-Atlantic Coast Conference. He was also a third-team All-American selection.
2012 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 11 in||208 lb||4.50 s||1.54 s||2.57 s||4.45 s||7.02 s||33.5 in||9 ft 7 in||16 reps|
|All values from Pro Day.|
New York Jets
The New York Jets drafted Bush with the 17th pick of the 6th round (187th overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft. Bush signed a four-year contract on May 6, 2012. He was released on October 15, 2014.
- "Josh Bush". NFL Draft Scout. Archived from the original on 29 April 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- Orr, Conor (28 April 2012). "NFL Draft 2012: Jets select Wake Forest S Josh Bush with sixth-round pick". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 29 April 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- Vrentas, Jenny (6 May 2012). "Jets agree to four-year deal with sixth-round pick Josh Bush". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 29 April 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- Consentino, Dom (October 15, 2014). "Jets activate LB Antwan Barnes from PUP, release S Josh Bush". NJ.com. Archived from the original on October 15, 2014. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- "Josh Bush". kffl.com. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons bio
- New York Jets bio