|Born||August 31, 1983|
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
Johns Hopkins University
Josh Campbell (born August 31, 1983) is an American journalist and analyst with CNN, and teaches national security at the University of Southern California. He is the author of Crossfire Hurricane: Inside Donald Trump's War on the FBI.
Campbell previously served as a Supervisory Special Agent with the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation conducting national security and criminal investigations. His assignments included deploying in response to international terrorist attacks and kidnappings, overseas tours embedded with the CIA, U.S. Special Operations Command, and Department of State, crisis communication manager for high-profile cyber and counterintelligence investigations, and was appointed Special Assistant to former FBI Director James Comey. He was awarded four FBI Combat Theater awards for his work overseas in conflict zones.
He is known for covering breaking news events involving national security matters, and reporting domestically and internationally on law enforcement issues. In addition to on-air work, he regularly contributes to CNN.com, and has been published in The New York Times, The Washington Post, and USA Today.
Campbell grew up in Texas, and received a B.A. in Government from The University of Texas at Austin. He received an M.A. from Johns Hopkins University and completed the Middlebury College Arabic language immersion program. Campbell is a term member with the Council on Foreign Relations and an officer in the Navy Reserve.
On February 2, 2018, Campbell published an op-ed in The New York Times entitled "Why I Am Leaving the FBI", which outlined his criticism of current attacks on the FBI by the Donald Trump administration and the House Intelligence Committee. He remained a vocal critic of efforts to undermine the Robert Mueller Special Counsel investigation and has defended the Justice Department from political attacks.
- "Josh Campbell | CNN Journalist | Muck Rack". muckrack.com. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Journalism and Public Relations Adjunct Faculty". annenberg.usc.edu. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- CROSSFIRE HURRICANE by Josh Campbell | Kirkus Reviews.
- "CNN Profiles - Josh Campbell - Law Enforcement Analyst". CNN. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks". Reuters. 2014-08-28. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Barnes, Brooks; Perlroth, Nicole (2014-12-02). "Sony Films Are Pirated, and Hackers Leak Studio Salaries". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Nakashima, Ellen (June 4, 2015). "Chinese breach data of 4 million federal workers". The Washington Post.
- "Former FBI Special Agent, Special Assistant to James Comey Joins CNN". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- "The Spies Who Came in to the TV Studio". POLITICO Magazine. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "CNN Profiles - Josh Campbell - Law Enforcement Analyst". CNN. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- Panel: Could NK summit be valuable, even if no deal reached? - CNN Video, retrieved 2018-06-23
- "CNN.com - Transcripts". edition.cnn.com. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- CNN, Eliott C. McLaughlin and Josh Campbell. "Extremist material was found in a home used by the Gilroy festival shooter, source says". CNN. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- Analyst, Josh Campbell, CNN Law Enforcement. "Iran could benefit from terrorist proxies in a war with US". CNN. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- Campbell, Josh (October 20, 2018). "Jamal Khashoggi Murder Investigation - Reporting from Istanbul". CNN.
- "CNN Profiles - Josh Campbell - Law Enforcement Analyst - CNN". CNN. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- "Opinion | Why I Am Leaving the F.B.I." Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- Campbell, Josh (2018-03-18). "Opinion | Americans need to know the truth about Andrew McCabe". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- "James Comey is no showboat". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- "Josh Campbell | Pacific Council on International Policy". www.pacificcouncil.org. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- Flood, Brian (2018-02-05). "Ex-FBI agent lands at CNN after blaming bureau departure on political attacks". Fox News. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- Campbell, Josh. "Who's going to apologize to the FBI?". CNN. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- "Ex-FBI agent schools ex-Trump aide Steve Cortes on how agency actually works after rabid attack on 'swamp rat' investigators". Raw Story. 2018-06-14. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- Ex-FBI agent slams Fox News attacks on FBI - CNN Video, retrieved 2018-06-23
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Josh Campbell|
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|