Josh Campbell (journalist)
|Born||August 31, 1983|
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
Johns Hopkins University
Josh Campbell is an American correspondent with CNN, former U.S. intelligence community official, and military veteran. He serves as an adjunct senior fellow and national security policy researcher with the Center for a New American Security.
Campbell previously served as a Supervisory Special Agent with the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation conducting national security and criminal investigations. His assignments included deploying in response to international terrorist attacks and kidnappings, overseas tours embedded with the CIA, U.S. Special Operations Command, and Department of State, crisis communication manager for counterterrorism, cyber and counterintelligence investigations, and was appointed Special Assistant to the FBI Director. He was awarded four FBI Combat Theater awards for his work overseas in conflict zones.
He is known for covering breaking news events involving national security matters, and reporting domestically and internationally on law enforcement issues. In addition to on-air work, he regularly contributes to CNN.com, and has been published in The New York Times, The Washington Post, and USA Today. He is also the author of Crossfire Hurricane: Inside Donald Trump's War on Justice and the FBI.
Campbell grew up in Texas, and received a B.A. in Government from The University of Texas at Austin. He received an M.A. in Communication from Johns Hopkins University and completed the Middlebury College Arabic language immersion program. Campbell is a term member with the Council on Foreign Relations, an officer in the Navy Reserve, and taught digital and national security at The University of Southern California.
Campbell married his husband on July 4, 2019.
- "Josh Campbell | CNN Journalist | Muck Rack". muckrack.com. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "CNN Profiles - Josh Campbell - Correspondent". CNN. Retrieved 2020-11-14.
- "FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks". Reuters. 2014-08-28. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Barnes, Brooks; Perlroth, Nicole (2014-12-02). "Sony Films Are Pirated, and Hackers Leak Studio Salaries". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Nakashima, Ellen (June 4, 2015). "Chinese breach data of 4 million federal workers". The Washington Post.
- "Former FBI Special Agent, Special Assistant to James Comey Joins CNN". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- "The Spies Who Came in to the TV Studio". POLITICO Magazine. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- Panel: Could NK summit be valuable, even if no deal reached? - CNN Video, retrieved 2018-06-23
- "CNN.com - Transcripts". edition.cnn.com. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- Eliott C. McLaughlin; Josh Campbell. "Extremist material was found in a home used by the Gilroy festival shooter, source says". CNN. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- Analyst, Josh Campbell, CNN Law Enforcement. "Iran could benefit from terrorist proxies in a war with US". CNN. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- Campbell, Josh (October 20, 2018). "Jamal Khashoggi Murder Investigation - Reporting from Istanbul". CNN.
- Josh Campbell. "Global conflict watchers issue warning of 'unfamiliar danger' ahead of US election". CNN. Retrieved 2020-11-14.
- Christina Carrega, Veronica Stracqualursi and Josh Campbell. "13 charged in plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer". CNN. Retrieved 2020-11-14.
- "CNN Profiles - Josh Campbell - Law Enforcement Analyst - CNN". CNN. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- "Opinion | Why I Am Leaving the F.B.I." Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- Campbell, Josh (2018-03-18). "Opinion | Americans need to know the truth about Andrew McCabe". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- "James Comey is no showboat". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- CROSSFIRE HURRICANE by Josh Campbell | Kirkus Reviews.
- Green, Lloyd (2019-09-21). "Crossfire Hurricane review: tale of Trump and the FBI is a gas gas gas". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-11-14.
- "[Crossfire Hurricane] | C-SPAN.org". www.c-span.org. Retrieved 2020-11-14.
- "Josh Campbell | Pacific Council on International Policy". www.pacificcouncil.org. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- "Josh Campbell on Instagram: "Some personal news..." Instagram. Retrieved 2021-03-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josh Campbell.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Josh Campbell (journalist)|