Chapman with the Colts in 2014
June 10, 1989 |
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||340 lb (154 kg)|
|High school:||Hoover (AL)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 5 / Pick: 136|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Joshua Antron Chapman (born June 10, 1989) is a former American football nose tackle. He attended the University of Alabama and was drafted in the 5th round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts. Chapman served as the backup to All-American Terrence Cody during the 2008 and 2009 seasons, and was regarded as one of the better nose guard prospects in his class.
High school career
A native of Birmingham, Alabama, Chapman attended Hoover High School under head coach Rush Propst and defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt. Probst described him as the best defensive lineman in school history. As a junior, Chapman tallied 65 tackles, six sacks and three tackles, while helping the Hoover Buccaneers to a 14–1 season record. In his senior season, Chapman recorded 97 tackles, 22 tackles for losses, two sacks, and an interception. Hoover finished the season as the 6A state runner-up with a 13–2 record, losing the state final 35–21 to Prattville. The only other loss came against Joe McKnight's John Curtis Christian (LA).
Regarded as a three-star prospect, Chapman was ranked as the No. 32 defensive tackle in his class, which was highlighted by Marvin Austin and Torrey Davis. He chose Alabama over offers from Auburn, Mississippi, and Mississippi State.
2012 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 5⁄8 in
|11 7⁄8 in
|5.02 s||29 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Indianapolis Colts (2012-2015)
The Colts signed Chapman to a four-year, $2.3 million deal. He played 13 games in the 2013 season and made 20 tackles and defended one pass. On September 5, 2015, Chapman was waived by the Colts.
- "NFL Draft - 2012 DT Draft Prospect", CBSSports.com, retrieved August 11, 2010
- "Tide notes: Teammates, coaches harassing Josh Chapman about Sports Illustrated cover". al.com. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Prattville crashes Hoover's party". USA Today. December 9, 2006.
- Rivals.com defensive tackles 2007
- "Colts Agree on Terms with Picks Chapman, Harnish and 3 others (Details Included)". Everything-colts.com. 2012-05-16. Archived from the original on 2013-05-25. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Indianapolis Colts Make Roster Moves". blogs.colts.com. September 5, 2015. Retrieved September 6, 2015.