Chapman in the 2014 NFL season.
|No. 99 Indianapolis Colts|
|Date of birth:||June 10, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Hoover, Alabama|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||335 lb (152 kg)|
|High school:||Hoover (AL)|
|NFL draft:||2012 / Round: 5 / Pick: 136|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Joshua Antron Chapman (born June 10, 1989) is an American football nose tackle for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League. He attended the University of Alabama. Chapman served as the backup to All-American Terrence Cody during the 2008 and 2009 seasons, and was regarded as one of the better nose guard prospects in his class.
High school career
A native of Birmingham, Alabama, Chapman attended Hoover High School under head coach Rush Propst and defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt. Probst described him as the best defensive lineman in school history. As a junior, Chapman tallied 65 tackles, six sacks and three tackles, while helping the Hoover Buccaneers to a 14–1 season record. In his senior season, Chapman recorded 97 tackles, 22 tackles for losses, two sacks and an interception. Hoover finished the season as the 6A state runner-up with a 13–2 record, losing the state final 35–21 to Prattville. The only other loss came against Joe McKnight's John Curtis Christian (LA).
Regarded as a three-star prospect, Chapman was ranked as the No. 32 defensive tackle in his class, which was highlighted by Marvin Austin and Torrey Davis. He chose Alabama over offers from Auburn, Mississippi, and Mississippi State.
2012 NFL Draft
Chapman was drafted in the 5th round (136th overall) for the Colts in the 2012 NFL Draft.
Indianapolis Colts (2012-present)
The Colts signed him to a four-year, $2.3 million deal. He played 13 games in 2013 making 20 tackles and 1 pass defended.
- "NFL Draft - 2012 DT Draft Prospects", CBSSports.com, retrieved August 11, 2010
- "Tide notes: Teammates, coaches harassing Josh Chapman about Sports Illustrated cover". al.com. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Prattville crashes Hoover's party". USA Today. December 9, 2006.
- Rivals.com defensive tackles 2007
- "Colts Agree on Terms with Picks Chapman, Harnish and 3 others (Details Included)". Everything-colts.com. 2012-05-16. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Alabama Crimson Tide bio
- Indianapolis Colts profile
- NFL Combine profile