Chapman with the Colts in 2014
|Born:||June 10, 1989|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||340 lb (154 kg)|
|High school:||Hoover (Hoover, Alabama)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 5 / Pick: 136|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Joshua Antron Chapman (born June 10, 1989) is a former American football nose tackle. He attended the University of Alabama and was drafted in the 5th round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts. Chapman served as the backup to All-American Terrence Cody during the 2008 and 2009 seasons, and was regarded as one of the better nose guard prospects in his class.
High school career
A native of Birmingham, Alabama, Chapman attended Hoover High School and played high school football under head coach Rush Propst and defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt. Probst described him as the best defensive lineman in school history. As a junior, Chapman tallied 65 tackles, six sacks, and three tackles, while helping the Hoover Buccaneers to a 14–1 season record. In his senior season, Chapman recorded 97 tackles, 22 tackles for losses, two sacks, and an interception. Hoover finished the season as the 6A state runner-up with a 13–2 record, losing the state final 35–21 to Prattville. The only other loss came against Joe McKnight's John Curtis Christian (LA).
Regarded as a three-star prospect, Chapman was ranked as the No. 32 defensive tackle in his class, which was highlighted by Marvin Austin and Torrey Davis. He chose Alabama over offers from Auburn, Mississippi, and Mississippi State.
Chapman attended and played college football at the University of Alabama from 2007–2011 under head coach Nick Saban. He played in three games in the 2007 season before earning a medical redshirt. He was part of the 2009 Alabama team that won the National Championship over the Texas Longhorns and the 2011 Alabama team that won the National Championship over the LSU Tigers.
2012 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 5⁄8 in
|11 7⁄8 in
|5.02 s||29 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
The Colts signed Chapman to a four-year, $2.3 million deal. He played 13 games in the 2013 season and made 20 tackles and defended one pass. In the 2014 season, he appeared in all 16 games and started 15. On the season, he had 25 total tackles and one forced fumble. On September 5, 2015, Chapman was waived by the Colts.
After his time with the Colts, Chapman joined the Alabama coaching staff as an assistant strength coach.
- "NFL Draft - 2012 DT Draft Prospect", CBSSports.com, retrieved August 11, 2010
- "Tide notes: Teammates, coaches harassing Josh Chapman about Sports Illustrated cover". al.com. Retrieved June 27, 2012.
- "Prattville crashes Hoover's party". USA Today. December 9, 2006.
- "2006 game at Hoover, Alabama led John Curtis to seek chance to play at Zephyr Field". WGNO. September 22, 2016. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- Rivals.com defensive tackles 2007
- "Josh Chapman, Alabama Crimson Tide, Defensive Tackle". 247Sports. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "Josh Chapman College Stats". Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "Alabama football: Nose guard Josh Chapman is unsung key to Crimson Tide's top-ranked defense". ledger-enquirer. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "Alabama Football Wins National Championship No. 13, Beating Texas, 37-21 - Alabama Athletics". rolltide.com. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "Alabama shuts out LSU for BCS title, 21-0". WBRC. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "2012 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "Indianapolis Colts draft analysis: Offensive lean continues on Day 3". Sporting News. April 29, 2012. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "Tide Top 10 in 2012: No. 9 - Four Alabama players selected in NFL Draft's 1st round, 8 overall". AL.com. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "Colts Agree on Terms with Picks Chapman, Harnish and 3 others (Details Included)". Everything-colts.com. May 16, 2012. Archived from the original on May 25, 2013. Retrieved June 27, 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Josh Chapman 2013 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "2014 Indianapolis Colts Starters, Roster, & Players". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "Indianapolis Colts Make Roster Moves". blogs.colts.com. September 5, 2015. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Former Alabama DT Josh Chapman joins Nick Saban's staff - Touchdown Alabama - Alabama Football". tdalabamamag.com. Retrieved August 27, 2018.