Josh crutchley during a time out
|No. 4 – WARRIORS|
|Born||4 June 1987|
|Listed height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|?||shropshire warriors, birmingham bullets, TCAT Academy|
|Career highlights and awards|
|3 mvps, 4 team spirits|
Josh Crutchley (born 4 June 1987 in Shrewsbury, England, growing up in Telford), is a British professional basketball player playing for the Shropshire Warriors also Basketball coach at the Shrewsbury School. Crutchley played during the 2007/08 season of the British Basketball League for the Birmingham Panthers.
Josh Crutchley started the game of basketball at the age of 11. Picking up the game whilst at Charlton School. Once scouted by Shropshire Warriors' franchise owner, he was then appointed to play for the Shropshire Warriors basketball club under 14's and earned himself a place on the senior men's squad at the age of 14. In 2008, Crutchley signed for the Birmingham Panthers. At the end of the season, the Birmingham Panthers finished last in the league, and the team was disbanded.
Since then, he plays for the Shropshire Warriors, starting in the fourth division of the English Basketball League, and promoting to the third division after winning the division title in the 2009/10 season.
Josh Crutchley's achievements include:
- League Champions during his junior season 2000 with Shropshire Warriors.
- County College champions three years running 2003-2006
- College Cup winners winning 2004/6
- TCATS Student and Basketball Player of the Year 2006
- 3 MVP awards with the Shropshire Warriors as well as 4 Most Improved and 2 Team Spirit
- "2007-08 BBL Stats" (PDF). BBL. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 February 2014.
- "Josh signs for the Panthers". Shropshire Star. 23 February 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-21.
- "Shropshire Warriors". Shropshire Warriors. Archived from the original on 16 May 2008. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- County College Champions - Josh accepting TCAT award[dead link]