|Full name||Joshua Henry Davey|
3 August 1990 |
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium-fast|
|ODI debut (cap 40)||15 June 2010 v Netherlands|
|Last ODI||24 January 2017 v UAE|
|ODI shirt no.||38|
|T20I debut (cap 28)||24 July 2012 v Bangladesh|
|Last T20I||20 January 2017 v Ireland|
|T20I shirt no.||38|
|Domestic team information|
|2010–2013||Middlesex (squad no. 24)|
|2013||→ Hampshire (on loan)|
|2014–present||Somerset (squad no. 38)|
|Source: CricketArchive, 24 April 2017|
Joshua Henry Davey (born 3 August 1990) is a Scottish cricketer, who plays for Somerset County Cricket Club having previously played for Middlesex as well as representing his country in One Day Internationals (ODIs) and Twenty20 Internationals. He is a right hand batsman and right arm medium pace bowler.
In April 2010, Davey made his county debut for Middlesex against Northamptonshire in the Clydesdale Bank 40 competition. He made his first-class debut a month later against Oxford University Cricket Club, he scored two fifties in the match and shared an opening partnership of 192 with Sam Robson in the first innings.
On 15 April 2014, Davey was awarded a summer contract for the 2014 season with Somerset.
On 15 June 2010, Davey made his ODI debut against the Netherlands, opening the batting he scored 24 and coming on as first change he took 1/27 from seven overs. In his fourth ODI, he returned figures of 5/9 in 7.2 overs against Afghanistan. This is the best bowling analysis for Scotland in ODIs.
On 14 January 2015, Davey added his name to the list of outstanding all round performances in an ODI by scoring 53* and picking 6 wickets for 28 runs against Afghanistan at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi in a triangular series which also involved Ireland.
One-Day International cricket
Man of the Match awards
|1||Afghanistan||Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi||14 January 2015||53* (48 balls, 5x4) ; 8.3-2-28-6 ; 1 ct.||Scotland won by 150 runs.|
Twenty20 International Cricket
Man of the Match Awards
|2||Desert T20 Challenge||14 January 2017||Netherlands||9* (7 balls, 1x4) ; 4-0-34-4.||Scotland won by 7 runs.|
- Northamptonshire v Middlesex, Clydesdale Bank 40 2010 (Group B), CricketArchive, Retrieved on 28 August 2010
- Oxford University Centre of Cricketing Excellence v Middlesex, University Centres of Cricketing Excellence 2010, CricketArchive, Retrieved on 28 August 2010
- Netherlands v Scotland, Scotland in Netherlands 2010 (Only ODI), CricketArchive, Retrieved on 28 August 2010
- Scotland v Afghanistan, Afghanistan in Scotland 2010 (2nd ODI), CricketArchive, Retrieved on 28 August 2010
- Four or More Wickets in an Innings for Scotland in ODI Cricket, CricketArchive, Retrieved on 28 August 2010
- "Three New Somerset Contracts". Somerset County Cricket Club. 15 April 2014. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Dubai Triangular Series, 2015 - 4th match".
- "Desert T20 Challenge, 1st Match, Group B: Hong Kong v Scotland at Abu Dhabi, Jan 14, 2017". ESPNcricinfo. 14 January 2017. Retrieved 14 January 2017.