Dawsey received a B.A. in Journalism from the University of South Carolina in 2012.
Dawsey began his career as a reporter at The Wall Street Journal, first covering Governor Chris Christie before being re-assigned to New York to write about Mayor Bill de Blasio. He moved to Politico to become a White House reporter in 2016, before assuming the same role at The Washington Post in 2017.
- "Josh Dawsey, The Washington Post".
- "Washington Post reports on Trump's 'five days of fury'". MSNBC.com. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- "WSJ reporter Dawsey hired by Politico to cover White House - Talking Biz News". talkingbiznews.com. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- Pompeo, Joe. "The Washington Post Poaches West-Wing Savant Josh Dawsey from Politico". The Hive. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- "2018 Winners". White House Correspondents' Association (WHCA). Retrieved 2019-02-19.