Henderson at the PaleyFest 2013 forum for Dallas
|Born||Joshua Baret Henderson
October 25, 1981
Dallas, Texas, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, model, singer|
Joshua Baret "Josh" Henderson (born October 25, 1981) is an American actor, model and singer. Henderson is best known for his lead role as John Ross Ewing III in the TNT revival of Dallas (2012–2014). He played Austin McCann on the ABC television series Desperate Housewives (2006–2007), and appeared in films like Step Up. He first became widely known from his appearance on the WB singing competition show Popstars 2, on which he was one of the winners selected to be a member of the pop group Scene 23.
Henderson was born in Dallas, Texas, the son of Sharon Lea Henderson. He grew up in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he graduated from Memorial High School in 2000. He has a condition called heterochromia, meaning his eyes are two different colors; his left eye is green, while his right eye is blue. Henderson graduated from Tulsa Memorial Senior High School, where he enjoyed playing sports, particularly baseball.
Henderson competed on the second season of the WB reality show Popstars, where he won a spot in the group Scene 23. After Scene 23, Henderson went on to pursue acting and modeling, as well as a continued recording career. He appeared in several sitcoms, such as Maybe It's Me, Do Over, One on One, Rodney and 8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter. Henderson made his film debut in the 2003 straight-to-video horror movie Leeches!, and appeared in The Girl Next Door the following year.
In 2005, Henderson was cast in the lead role on the short-lived FX drama series Over There. In film, he is best known for his role in Step Up (2006) as the boyfriend of Jenna Dewan's character. He later played main roles in the horror films Fingerprints (2006), and April Fool's Day (2008), as well as in the romantic comedy, The Jerk Theory (2009). For The Jerk Theory, he also recorded the soundtrack album, which was released in 2009. Henderson also appeared in Yours, Mine and Ours (2005), Broken Bridges (2006), and Rushlights (2012). From 2006 to 2007, Henderson co-starred in the ABC comedy-drama series Desperate Housewives as Austin McCann, the nephew of the character played by Nicollette Sheridan. From 2008 to 2009 he appeared on the CW's 90210, and guest-starred in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. In 2010, he was cast as the lead character in the unsold CW pilot, Betwixt.
In February 2011, Henderson landed a lead role in the TNT revival of the CBS prime-time soap opera, Dallas. Henderson played the character of John Ross Ewing III, the son of Sue Ellen (Linda Gray) and J.R. Ewing (Larry Hagman). TNT's Dallas premiered on June 13, 2012. Several critics called Henderson the "breakout star" of the series. Henderson's onscreen chemistry with Julie Gonzalo (Pamela Rebecca Barnes) was praised in the second season. The series was cancelled by TNT after three seasons in 2014. In 2015, Henderson was cast in the male lead role opposite Christine Evangelista in the E! pilot The Arrangement.
|2004||The Girl Next Door||Pep Rally Jock|
|2005||Yours, Mine and Ours||Nick De Pietro|
|2006||Step Up||Brett Dolan|
|2008||April Fool's Day||Blaine Cartier|
|2009||The Jerk Theory||Adam Dynes|
|2001||Popstars||Himself - Scene 23||13 episodes|
|2002||Maybe It's Me||Jackson||Episode: "The Rick's in Love Episode"|
|2002||Do Over||Jake||Episode: "Halloween Kiss"|
|2003||She Spies||Raine||Episode: "Rane of Terror"|
|2002–2003||One on One||Josh||11 episodes|
|2004||The Deerings||Kyle||TV pilot|
|2004||The Ashlee Simpson Show||Himself||Episode: "Ashlee Moves Onward and Upward"|
|2004||North Shore||Derek||Episode: "Tessa"|
|2004||8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter||Tyler||Episode: "Out of the Box"|
|2005||Rodney||Wes||Episode: "Talent Show"|
|2005||Over There||Pfc. Bo Rider||13 episodes|
|2006–2007||Desperate Housewives||Austin McCann||16 episodes|
|2008–2009||90210||Sean Cavanaugh||3 episodes|
|2009||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Calvin Crook||Episode: "Bloodsport"|
|2010||Betwixt||Nix Uyarak||TV pilot|
|2012–2014||Dallas||John Ross Ewing III||Series regular, 40 episodes|
|2015||The Arrangement||Kyle West||TV pilot|
- Ashley Tisdale - "He Said She Said" (2007) Music Video
- Ashley Tisdale - "Suddenly" (2008) Music Video
- Ashley Tisdale - "Not Like That" (2007) Music Video
- Scene 23 - "I Really Don't Think So" (2002) Music Video
- Florida Georgia Line - "Stay" (2013) Music Video
- DeSocio, Jeffrey Thomas (July 2, 2012). "Josh Henderson Talks About The 'Dallas' Revival". Myfoxla.com.
- Canning, Andrea (May 2, 2007). "Ex-'Desperate Housewives' Star Josh Henderson Uses the Internet to Try to Save His Character". ABC News. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- Keck, William (July 25, 2005). "Henderson makes it 'There'". USA TODAY. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- "Josh Henderson From the New "Dallas" on His Character". April 19, 2012. Dailymotion.com. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- Sherrow, Rita (June 10, 2012). "Former Tulsan Josh Henderson to star in 'Dallas' reboot on TNT". Tulsa World.
- Bauer, Zoe. "The Eyes Have It: Celebrities with Heterochromia". Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Josh Henderson- Biography". Yahoo!. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "The Jerk Theory". Amazon.com. June 7, 2012. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "Josh Henderson Joins The Cast Of Desperate Housewives". MovieWeb. July 24, 2006. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- Matt Mitovich (October 10, 2008). "Exclusive: Housewives Bad Boy Makes Trouble on 90210". TV Guide. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- Natalie Abrams (February 1, 2011). "Josh Henderson Joins Dallas as the Next J.R.". TV Guide. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "Goran Visnjic among latest pilot castings". The Hollywood Reporter. 2010-03-16. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Nellie Andreeva (February 1, 2011). "Josh Henderson To Star In TNT's 'Dallas', Larry Hagman Officially On Board". Deadline.com. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- 'Dallas' Star Josh Henderson: 'Our Main Goal Was to Make the Fans Happy' (Video), The Hollywood Reporter, June 13, 2012
- "Year in Review: Breakout Star of 2012". TV Fanatic. 2012-12-27. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Giddens, Jamey (June 14, 2012). "Dallas is The Year's Top Cable Debut!". Daytime Confidential. Zap2it. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- Orlando, Christine (April 9, 2013). "Dallas Review: I Do?!?". TV Fanatic. SHEKNOWS Entertainment. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- Omar White-Nobles (2013-01-28). "'Dallas' Recap: The Enemy of My Enemy is My Lover". TVSource Magazine. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- "E!'s The Arrangement Pilot Casts Male Lead! Dallas' Josh Henderson To Play Hottest Actor in Hollywood - E! Online". E! Online. 23 July 2015. Retrieved 23 August 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josh Henderson.|