June 28, 1973
|Alma mater||Brigham Young University|
|Spouse(s)||Cherie James (div. 2014)|
James attended Brigham Young University into his senior year, but did not graduate. Before co-founding Omniture, James co-founded an interactive agency and two other businesses, which were subsequently sold to WebMediaBrands (formerly known as Jupitermedia) and Verisign. James founded Silicon Slopes, a private-sector initiative that promotes the interests of the high-tech industry in Utah. James rang the bell of the NYSE as Omniture went public in 2006. In 2009 he sold the company to Adobe for USD $1.8 billion. From 2006 to 2009 -- the three years that Omniture was public -- James was the youngest CEO of a Nasdaq or New York Stock Exchange-traded company.
Honors and awards
In 2012, Mountain West Capital Network named James Entrepreneur of the Year. On June 27, 2012, James and Domo, Inc. received the Utah Valley Business Q "2012 UV50 TOP 10 Startups To Watch" award. James was featured as #26 on Fortune 40 under 40 in 2009 and #1 on Fortune 40 under 40 "Ones to Watch" in 2011. He received the 2006 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award and was named Technology Entrepreneur of the Decade by Brigham Young University. He was also recognized as Mountain West Capital's 2012 Entrepreneur of the Year. On November 30, 2012, James was inducted into the Utah Technology Hall of Fame.
James is the oldest of six children and moved frequently growing up due to his father's occupation in the military and in aviation. James served a two-year mission in Tokyo for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has six children and is divorced.
- Hempel, Jessi (2009-09-26). "Josh James: The man who measures the Web". Fortune Magazine.
- Zendrian, Alexandra (2010-10-25). "Get Briefed: Josh James". Forbes.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-29. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-09-17. Retrieved 2012-09-07.
- "40 Under 40: Ones to watch". CNN.
- Hempel, Jessi (2009-10-23). "Josh James: The man who measures the Web". Fortune. Retrieved 2009-12-16.
- "Adobe Executive Profiles". Adobe Systems. Retrieved 2009-12-16.
- Harvey, Tom. "Utah Tech Hall of Fame adding Lampropoulous, James". Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Utah Divorces since 1997". Utah's Right to Know (Salt Lake Tribune/MediaOne). 29 April 2014.
- "How I Did It: Omniture's Josh James". 1 March 2010.
- ClassicCommercials4U (10 June 2009). "Kelloggs Honey Smacks Ad from 1988 - Hoppin' Rap" – via YouTube.
- "JJSR 29 DON'T SPEND #STARTUP MONEY ON ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE TO, BUT WHEN THE TIME COMES, DON'T BE CHINTZY… #PLAYTOWIN - Josh James". 4 April 2012.