LeRibeus with the Washington Redskins
|No. 61 – New Orleans Saints|
|Date of birth:||July 2, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Houston, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||310 lb (141 kg)|
|High school:||Richardson (TX) Berkner|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 3 / Pick: 71|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Joshua James LeRibeus (born July 2, 1989) is an American football guard for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted in third round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins. He played college football for Southern Methodist University.
2012 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40‑yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20‑ss||3‑cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in
|32 1⁄2 in
|9 3⁄8 in
|5.37 s||4.65 s||7.64 s||26.0 in
|8 ft 0 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
LeRibeus was selected 71st overall in the 2012 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins. While at SMU, he was a teammate of future Redskins teammates Richard Crawford, who the Redskins would later draft in the seventh round, and Aldrick Robinson, who was the Redskins' 6th round pick in 2011. After the Redskins' rookie mini-camp, head coach Mike Shanahan announced that LeRibeus will primarily be playing guard and will be a backup center, providing competition for Erik Cook. On July 18, 2012, he officially signed with the Redskins to a four-year contract. During training camp, he split snaps at the left guard position with Maurice Hurt after Kory Lichtensteiger had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. He made his NFL debut against the Carolina Panthers in Week 9. Despite playing only five games, Redskins coaching staff believed LeRibeus had a chance to compete for a starting position in the next season.
New Orleans Saints
- NFL Combine Profile
- Fitzgerald, Gary (April 27, 2012). "Redskins Draft LeRibeus In Third Round". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- "Redskins draft SMU CB Richard Crawford, 2nd Mustang Washington picks in this year’s NFL draft". WashingtonPost.com. April 28, 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- Jones, Mike (May 8, 2012). "Redskins look to capitalize on Josh LeRibeus’s versatility". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- Tinsman, Brian (July 18, 2012). "Redskins Sign Third-Rounder LeRibeus". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- Jones, Mike (July 30, 2012). "Redskins’ injuries: Jonathan Goff is done for the season, Kory Lichtensteiger has knee surgery". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- Maske, Mark (August 18, 2013). "Redskins o-line coach disappointed in Josh LeRibeus’s offseason conditioning". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- Keim, John (December 5, 2013). "Analyzing the Redskins young linemen". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- Jones, Mike (March 16, 2016). "Redskins re-sign offensive lineman Josh LeRibeus". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- "09/03: Redskins Make Roster Moves". Redskins.com.
- McPherson, Chris (January 11, 2017). "Eagles Add Depth To O-Line, WR Group". PhiladelphiaEagles.com.
- Mangels, Dave (May 4, 2017). "Eagles release three players". BleedingGreenNation.com.
- "Saints Announce Roster Moves After Rookie Minicamp". NewOrleansSaints.com. May 15, 2017.