LeRibeus with the Washington Redskins
|No. 67 Washington Redskins|
|Date of birth:||July 2, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Houston, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||310 lb (141 kg)|
|High school:||Richardson (TX) Berkner|
|NFL draft:||2012 / Round: 3 / Pick: 71|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015|
Joshua James LeRibeus (born July 2, 1989) is an American football center for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted in third round, with the 71st overall pick, of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Redskins. He played college football for the Southern Methodist University.
2012 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in||312 lb||32½ in||9⅜ in||5.37 s||4.65 s||7.64 s||26.0 in||8 ft 0 in||29 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
LeRibeus was selected 71st overall in the 2012 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins. While at SMU, he was a teammate of future Redskins teammates Richard Crawford, who the Redskins would later draft in the seventh round, and Aldrick Robinson, who was the Redskins' 6th round pick in 2011. After the Redskins' rookie mini-camp, head coach Mike Shanahan announced that LeRibeus will primarily be playing guard and will be a backup center, providing competition for Erik Cook. On July 18, 2012, he officially signed with the Redskins to a four-year contract. During training camp, he split snaps at the left guard position with Maurice Hurt after Kory Lichtensteiger had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. He made his NFL debut against the Carolina Panthers in Week 9. Despite playing only five games, Redskins coaching staff believed LeRibeus had a chance to compete for a starting position in the next season.
On March 16, 2016, LeRibeus re-signed with the Redskins.
- NFL Combine Profile
- Fitzgerald, Gary (April 27, 2012). "Redskins Draft LeRibeus In Third Round". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- "Redskins draft SMU CB Richard Crawford, 2nd Mustang Washington picks in this year’s NFL draft". WashingtonPost.com. April 28, 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- Jones, Mike (May 8, 2012). "Redskins look to capitalize on Josh LeRibeus’s versatility". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- Tinsman, Brian (July 18, 2012). "Redskins Sign Third-Rounder LeRibeus". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- Jones, Mike (July 30, 2012). "Redskins’ injuries: Jonathan Goff is done for the season, Kory Lichtensteiger has knee surgery". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- Maske, Mark (August 18, 2013). "Redskins o-line coach disappointed in Josh LeRibeus’s offseason conditioning". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- Keim, John (December 5, 2013). "Analyzing the Redskins young linemen". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- Jones, Mike (March 16, 2016). "Redskins re-sign offensive lineman Josh LeRibeus". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved March 16, 2016.