Josh Mosqueira got his start designing games in 1996 as a writer for White Wolf, when he co-wrote Constantinople by Night and Montreal by Night while serving in the Canadian army and finishing university. Mosqueira, Phil Boulle, and Stephane Brochu designed the Tribe 8 (1998) swords-and-sorcery post-apocalyptic fantasy role-playing game for Dream Pod 9.
Josh Mosqueira joined Blizzard Entertainment as the lead designer for the console version of Diablo III, and in June 2013 became the game director for Diablo III on all platforms. Mosqueira was the lead designer on the game Company of Heroes. For his work on Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, he was cited with an Elan Award for Outstanding innovation in gaming in 2008.
- Mosqueira, Josh (June 5, 2013). "Messages From Hell: The Future of Diablo III". Blizzard Entertainment.
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. p. 273. ISBN 978-1-907702-58-7.
- Schreier, Jason (2012-01-10). "Blizzard: Diablo III Is Coming To Consoles". Wired. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- Scott, Ryan (July 2006). "Company of Heroes: Dawn of (World) War (II)". Computer Gaming World (264).
- Zacharias, Yvonne (2008-02-18). "Mass Effect dominates as game of the year: Science fiction video, made by Edmonton company, cleans up at Elan Awards". The Vancouver Sun. p. D1.