Okogie in 2019
|No. 20 – Minnesota Timberwolves|
|Born||September 1, 1998|
|Nationality||Nigerian / American|
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||212 lb (96 kg)|
|High school||Shiloh (Snellville, Georgia)|
|College||Georgia Tech (2016–2018)|
|NBA draft||2018 / Round: 1 / Pick: 20th overall|
|Selected by the Minnesota Timberwolves|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Joshua Aloiye Okogie (born September 1, 1998) is a Nigerian-American professional basketball player for the Minnesota Timberwolves of the National Basketball Association (NBA). As a 6'4" shooting guard, he was not ranked by ESPN in the recruiting class of 2016.
Georgia Tech (2016–2018)
As a freshman at Georgia Tech, Okogie averaged 16.1 points 5.4 rebounds per game and was named to the ACC All-Freshman Team. He was a third team 2017–18 All-ACC selection as a sophomore. As a sophomore, Okogie led Georgia Tech in scoring with 18.2 points per game. After the season he declared for the 2018 NBA Draft but did not hire an agent, thus leaving open the possibility of returning to school. However, he confirmed his intentions on entering the NBA Draft on May 21.
Minnesota Timberwolves (2018–present)
On June 21, 2018, the Minnesota Timberwolves drafted Okogie with the 20th overall pick in the 2018 NBA draft. On July 2, 2018, he signed with the Timberwolves. After Jimmy Butler was traded from Minnesota, Okogie entered the starting lineup, averaging nearly 22 minutes a game on the season. On January 29, 2019, he was named a member of the World Team for the 2019 Rising Stars Challenge.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Josh Okogie, Shiloh , Shooting Guard". 247Sports. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- "Basketball: Pastner, Lammers, and Okogie Earn All-ACC Honors". From The Rumble Seat. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- "ACC Announces All-Conference Team, Postseason Awards". TheACC.com. March 4, 2018. Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- "Georgia Tech' G Josh Okogie to enter NBA draft". ESPN. Associated Press. March 15, 2018. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- Bradley, Mark (May 21, 2018). "Josh Okogie is leaving Tech, which is bad news for Josh Pastner". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- Sugiura, Ken (June 21, 2018). "Timberwolves draft Josh Okogie at No. 20". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- "Timberwolves Sign Josh Okogie". NBA.com. July 2, 2018. Retrieved July 2, 2018.
- "Doncic, Simmons headline Mtn Dew Ice Rising Stars rosters". NBA.com. January 29, 2019. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josh Okogie.|