January 26, 1988 |
|April 6, 2013, for the Milwaukee Brewers|
(through 2013 season)
|Runs batted in||0|
Joshua Cole Prince (born January 26, 1988) is an American professional baseball outfielder in the Arizona Diamondbacks organization. He previously played for the Milwaukee Brewers of Major League Baseball.
Prince attended Alfred M. Barbe High School in Lake Charles, Louisiana. He was twice named to the All-Louisiana team, and graduated in 2006. He enrolled at the University of Texas at Austin, where he played college baseball for the Texas Longhorns baseball team as a freshman. He was named a Freshman All-American. After his freshman year, Prince transferred to Tulane University, and he continued his college baseball career with the Tulane Green Wave baseball team. He also played summer collegiate baseball for the Green Bay Bullfrogs of the Northwoods League in 2008.
The Milwaukee Brewers selected Prince in the third round, with the 105th overall selection, of the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft. Prince started his professional career with the Helena Brewers of the Rookie-level Pioneer League in 2009; he was moved up to the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers of the Class A Midwest League during the season. Prince was promoted to the Brevard County Manatees of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League in 2010 and 2011. He was moved to centerfield while at Brevard County. He played the 2012 season with the Huntsville Stars of the Class AA Southern League. After the 2012 regular season, the Brewers assigned Prince to the Phoenix Desert Dogs of the Arizona Fall League (AFL). Prince led the AFL in hits.
The Brewers added him to their 40-man roster after the 2012 season. Prince began the 2013 season with the Nashville Sounds of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League. He was called up to the major leagues on April 6, 2013, to replace the injured Aramis Ramírez. He was outrighted off the roster on October 4, 2013.
Prince spent the 2014 season with Huntsville, and became a free agent after the season.
Sugar Land Skeeters
Prince's older brothers, Ran and Dooley, both played college baseball.
- "Sulphur resident Josh Prince signs with Brewers". Southwest Daily News. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- Schelling, Jordan. "Prince becomes first Bullfrogs alum to reach major leagues". Green Bay Press Gazette. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- "Prince has a shot at the big leagues as he heads to Brewers spring training camp". sulphurdailynews.com. Archived from the original on January 21, 2015. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- "American Press - Home". americanpress.com. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- Tom Haudricourt. "Brewers add five to 40-man roster". jsonline.com. Archived from the original on February 16, 2016. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- "Minor Moves: Josh Prince". MLB Trade Rumors. January 20, 2015. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- "Diamondbacks' Josh Prince: Signs with Arizona". cbssports.com. January 5, 2018.