Josh Shipp (teen expert)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Josh Shipp in 2014
January 20, 1982|
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
|Occupation||Author, Youth Speaker, TV Personality|
Josh Shipp, (born January 20, 1982) is an American youth motivational speaker, best-selling author, and TV personality. He is most known for his TEDx talk entitled “Every Kid is One Caring Adult Away from Being a Success Story” and his television programs including Teen Trouble which aired on Lifetime and A&E executive produced by Ellen Rakieten of The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Josh was president of Oklahoma DECA in high school and began speaking professional shortly thereafter at the age of 17. He has since spoken at large events such as the National FFA convention and the SADD National Convention. Josh has been a spokesperson for National Foster Care Month, wrote a teen advice column for CosmoGIRL!, and appeared as a teen advice correspondent on MTV‘s Total Request Live.
His recent work focuses on the impact parents, teachers, and caring adults have in the life of a child.
|2009||’’Jump Shipp’’||11-part documentary series airing on Halogen in which people stuck in dead-end jobs get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to press restart.|
|2012||’’Teen Trouble’’||8-part documentary series airing on Lifetime and A&E follows Josh Shipp as he works to improve the lives of at-risk teenagers across the country.|
|2014||’’Wake Up Call’’||Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and teen expert Josh Shipp must cut through the tension in this caustic mother-daughter relationship. But first they challenge young Alyssa with eye-opening realities that land the high-schooler in prison.|
Other television appearances
Josh has also appeared as a guest on Good Morning America, Take Part Live, The Steve Harvey Show, Anderson Cooper Live, The Jeff Probst Show, and others to discuss issues related to teens, parents, and teachers.
- The Teen's Guide to World Domination: Advice on Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Awesomeness, St. Martins Press ISBN 0312641540
- Jump Ship: Ditch Your Dead-End Job and Turn Your Passion into a Profession, St. Martins Press ISBN 0312646739
- The Grown-Up's Guide to Teenage Humans: How to Decode Their Behavior, Develop Unshakable Trust, and Raise a Respectable Adult, Harper Wave ISBN 0062654063
- "CBS Denver". CBS Denver.
- "Publishers Weekly Bestseller List". Publishers Weekly.
- "TEDxRidderParkDriveED". TEDx.
- Barney, Chuck. "New Lifetime show features Bay Area motivational speaker Josh Shipp". Mercury News. Bay Area News Group. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- Ng, Philiana. "Lifetime to Launch 'Teen Trouble' Series". The Hollywood Reporter. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- WARLICK MOORE, HEATHER. "Former foster child hopes to inspire others to change their lives for the better". New Oklahoma. NewsOK.com. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- Massengill, Marlee. "Bainbridge FFA Lands in Indiana". Bainbridge News. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "May is National Foster Care Month" (PDF). Healthier San Francisco. Youth Services Program for National Foster Care Month. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "The Grown-Up's Guide to Teenage Humans". Harper Wave. HarperCollins Publishers. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Jump Shipp - Reality-TV - TV Series". IMDB.
- Patten, Dominic. "Lifetime Orders 'Teen Trouble'". Deadline. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Wake Up Call". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- Ng, Christina. "Mom Blogger Has Son Sign 18-point Agreement for iPhone". ABC News. ABC News. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "World's Largest First Date; Harvey's Hero; Josh Shipp and Alyson Stoner: Is It Weird Teen Edition". TV Guide. Retrieved 30 June 2017.