Joshua Cooper Ramo
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
|Joshua Cooper Ramo|
Photo by Joi Ito
|Known for||Beijing Consensus|
Joshua Cooper Ramo (born December 14, 1968) is a former senior editor and foreign editor of Time magazine and later Vice Chairman at Kissinger Associates, the consulting firm of former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.
He joined Time in 1996 as the youngest senior editor in the magazine's history and went on to become its foreign editor and assistant managing editor. He is a member of the World Economic Forum's Global Leaders of Tomorrow, the Asia Society's Asia21 group, as well as a Crown Fellow of the Aspen Institute and a cofounder of the U.S.-China Young Leaders Forum. Ramo is a member of the Board of Directors of Starbucks and FedEx.
Ramo is well known for inventing the term "Beijing Consensus" through a paper he wrote in 2004 of that title. He also served as on-air analyst for NBC during the 2008 Beijing Olympics and shared an Emmy and Peabody Award for his work on the Opening Ceremony alongside Matt Lauer and Bob Costas.
He is also the author of New York Times best-selling, The Age of the Unthinkable: Why the New World Disorder Constantly Surprises Us and What We Can Do about It, and, No Visible Horizon: Surviving the World's Most Dangerous Sport.
Writings on China
In 2006, Ramo conducted an extensive analysis of China's international image, relying on surveys of more than 25,000 people around the world in 40 countries, including China.
In 2010, Ramo introduced the concept of "Co-evolution" as a future model for China–United States relations. Ramo argued that US–China relations had entered a new era where old ideas such as "containment" or "engagement" no longer made sense. He articulated a new model for ties between the two countries.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joshua Cooper Ramo.|
- No consensus on the Beijing Consensus - How the World Works - Salon.com
- http://jcramo.com[dead link]
- http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/mobile/?type=story&id=2014973823&st_app=ip_news_lite. Missing or empty
- Beijing Consensus
- The Age of the Unthinkable: Why the New World Disorder Constantly Surprises Us And What We Can Do About It. Little, Brown and Company. 2009. ISBN 0316118087. Retrieved Oct 2013.
- "The Age of the Unthinkable". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- No Visible Horizon: Surviving the World's Most Dangerous Sport
- Ramo, Joshua Cooper (2007). Brand China. The Foreign Policy Centre. ISBN 978-1-905833-07-8.
- Ramo, Joshua Cooper (Apr 8, 2010). "Hu's Visit: Finding a Way Forward on U.S.-China Relations". Time. Retrieved 23 October 2013.