|Born||December 10, 1981|
Waukegan, Illinois, U.S.
|Instruments||Music sequencer, synthesizer, digital audio workstation|
|Labels||Island Def Jam, RiP Records|
|Associated acts||DJ Pain 1, Justin Mentell|
Joshua Mallett (born December 10, 1981), also known by his stage name "Rip", is an award-winning American recording artist, producer, DJ, and filmmaker from Waukegan, Illinois. Rip has been selected as a "Famous Waukeganite" by the City of Waukegan. In 2018 he was considered for four Grammy Awards and was the first billed hip-hop set to perform the Grand stage at The World's Largest Brat Fest on May 26, 2018.
Rip's career started early when he created "Rip Records", an independent record label while in high school. In 2002, he released "In The Lab 1.0" followed by "Coming Up In The Game" in 2003. At an early age, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and Atlantic Records awarded him a Platinum Plaque in 2003 for his activities in the music industry. After a decade of musical activities in the Midwest, Rip relocated in Madison, Wisconsin. He released his debut solo album "Fashionably Late" in June 2010. This album was co-produced by DJ Pain 1 with contribution of childhood friend Justin Mentell. Its single "Watchin Me" wain radios across U.S.oss U.S. Rip's "Sellout" album was released in 2012 by Island Def Jam including its single "Kissin In The Dark", a collaborative effort with country singer Augie Zibell. In November 2013, Rip won five Madison Hip-Hop Awards including artist, song, video, and videographer of the year. In the same month, he released on DVD "The Making of a Sellout", a feature film documentary about Rip's life and career. In 2014, Rip released his film "Giddy Up" at the Sundance Cinema in Madison, WI. In 2016, Rip initiated his album "Trinity", a defining moment in his musical career. Trinity focuses on his religious beliefs, struggles, addictions and obstacles he faced his entire life. It is also a tribute to his "Savior" Jesus Christ.
The week of April 8, 2018, Rip's single "Drown" was #1 in rotation on 97x FM-WIXL in Madison, WI.
In May 2019, Rip debuted "Jolene" live at The World's Largest Brat Fest and announced he's working on his fourth studio album, Delivered, which is due out in 2020. He officially released "Jolene" as a single on November 1, 2019. 
In August 2019, he headlined his first international show, Urban Fest, in La Ceiba, Honduras. 
|In The Lab 1.0 (album)||Rip Records||2002|
|Coming Up In The Game (album)||Rip Records||2003|
|Fashionably Late (album)||Rip Records, Island Def Jam,
|Watchin Me (single)||Rip Records, Island Def Jam,
|Sellout (2012 album)||Rip Records, Island Def Jam,
|Kissin In The Dark (single)||Rip Records, Island Def Jam,
|Trinity (album)||Rip Records||2017|
|Let's Go to Prison||Talent||2006|
|The Making of a Sellout (Documentary)||Director, producer, actor||2013|
|Giddy Up: A 48 Hour Film Project||Co-director, producer, actor||2014|
- And the winners are . . ., The Madison Hip-Hop Awards
- Famous Waukeganites
- Madtown Jamz (2018-05-25), Rip Heats Up The Grand Stage At Brat Fest 2018, retrieved 2018-06-13
- "Rapper Rip has high hopes". Lake County News-Sun. 25 January 2007. Archived from the original on 21 March 2017.
- "4th Annual Madison Hip Hop Awards". 25 November 2013.
- "And the winners are . . ". Madison Hip Hop Awards. 2013.
- "Fourth Annual Madison Hip-Hop Awards - Recognizing Quality and Rhythm". Capital City Hues. 28 November 2013.
- "The Making of A Sellout (2013)". IMDb. 2013.
- "'GIDDY UP'S' JOSH MALLETT AND ZACH NIGH ON THE 48 HOUR'S MOST UNIQUE PARTNERSHIP". Lake Front Row. 2014.
- "Giddy Up: A 48 Hour Film Project (2014)". IMDb. 2014.
- "Josh Rip". Maximum Ink. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- "Rip starting to mend with new album". Hometown News LP. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- "April 8, 2018 Music Update". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-06-13.
- "RIP Announces New Album "Delivered"". 93.1 JAMZ. 2019-05-29. Retrieved 2019-05-31.
- "Social Mornings With Jackson & Steph: "Rip Debuts Jolene ft. Kirstie Kraus". Today's Q106. Retrieved 2019-11-09.
- Invitados, retrieved 2019-09-11