|Occupation||Solicitor, journalist, author|
Daily Telegraph legal affairs editor
Early life and career
He was educated at Latymer Upper School in Hammersmith and Wadham College, University of Oxford, where he took a law degree. He qualified as a solicitor in 1976 after training at Dixon Ward solicitors in Richmond, London.
Rozenberg began his career in journalism in 1975 at the BBC, where he launched Law in Action on BBC Radio 4 in 1984. At the BBC he worked as a producer, reporter and then legal correspondent. In 2000 he left to join The Daily Telegraph as legal affairs editor, where he remained until the end of 2008. In 2015 he explained that he had resigned because news editors had altered one of his reports without his knowledge to make what he had already warned them was a false claim. After leaving the Telegraph he wrote a column for the Evening Standard.
Now a freelance journalist, he writes regular columns for the Law Society Gazette and The Critic. He wrote a weekly column for The Guardian's online law page from 2010 to 2016. Also in 2010, he returned to the BBC to present Law in Action, nearly 25 years after leaving the radio programme.
Rozenberg holds honorary doctorates in law from the University of Hertfordshire (1999), Nottingham Trent University (2012), the University of Lincoln (2014) and the University of Law (2014). Rozenberg is also an honorary bencher of Gray's Inn, and is a non-executive board member of the Law Commission. He has won the Bar Council's Legal Reporting Award four times. In January 2016, he was made an honorary QC.
- Joshua Rozenberg (12 January 1995). The Search for Justice. Hodder & Stoughton. ISBN 0-340-62859-6.
- Joshua Rozenberg (24 April 1997). Trial of Strength, Richard Cohen Books, ISBN 1-86066-094-0.
- Joshua Rozenberg (11 March 2004). Privacy and the Press. OUP Oxford. ISBN 0-19-925056-1.
- Rozenberg, Joshua (21 April 2020). Enemies of the People?. Bristol University Press. ISBN 9781529204506.
- "Joshua Rozenberg". The Times. 21 April 2008. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- "Joshua Rozenberg returns as presenter of Law in Action". BBC Press Office. 26 May 2010. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- Ashley, Jackie (6 June 2006). "The multicultural menace, anti-semitism and me". The Guardian.
- "Joshua Rozenberg". Noel Gay. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- "The Secret Barrister" (2020). Fake law: the truth about justice in an age of lies. London: Picador. p. 285. ISBN 978-1-5290-0994-1.
- Smith-Roberts, Adam (28 July 2020). "Man in the middle: interview with Joshua Rozenberg". Counsel Magazine.
- "Joshua Rozenberg". Evening Standard. Archived from the original on 23 December 2010. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- "Joshua Rozenberg returns to Radio 4's Law in Action". Press Gazette. 27 May 2010. Archived from the original on 16 June 2011. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- "Joshua Rozenberg QC (Hon) and Baroness (Ruth) Deech DBE QC (Hon) appointed Non-Executive Board Members".
- "Queen's Counsel in England & Wales: 2015 to 2016". Ministry of Justice.
- Rozenberg, Joshua (17 December 2015). "UK marriage law is out of step with the times". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- Official website
- Joshua Rozenberg's Twitter account
- Columns for The Critic
- Rozenberg's blog at The Guardian
- Law column at Standpoint
- Law Reports, the former column of Rozenberg at the Daily Telegraph