30 May 1950 |
|Occupation||Solicitor, journalist, author|
|Notable credit(s)||BBC News
Daily Telegraph legal affairs editor
He was educated at Latymer Upper School in Hammersmith and Wadham College, University of Oxford, where he took a law degree. He qualified as a solicitor in 1976 after training at Dixon Ward solicitors in Richmond, Surrey.
Rozenberg began his career in journalism in 1975 at the BBC, where he launched Law in Action on BBC Radio 4 in 1984. At the BBC he worked as a producer, reporter and then legal correspondent. In 2000 he left to join The Daily Telegraph as legal affairs editor, where he remained until the end of 2008. He subsequently wrote a column for the Evening Standard.
Now a freelance journalist, he writes regular columns for the Law Society Gazette and Legal Cheek. He wrote a weekly column for The Guardian's online law page from 2010 to 2016. Also in 2010, he returned to the BBC to present Law in Action, nearly 25 years after launching the radio programme.
Rozenberg holds honorary doctorates in law from the University of Hertfordshire (1999), Nottingham Trent University (2012), the University of Lincoln (2014) and the University of Law (2014). Rozenberg is also an honorary bencher of Gray's Inn, and is accredited as a mediator by the ADR group. He has won the Bar Council's Legal Reporting Award four times. In January 2016, he was made an honorary QC.
- Joshua Rozenberg (1995-01-12). The Search for Justice. Hodder & Stoughton. ISBN 0-340-62859-6.
- Joshua Rozenberg (2004-03-11). Privacy and the Press. OUP Oxford. ISBN 0-19-925056-1.
- "Joshua Rozenberg". The Times. 2008-04-21. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- "Joshua Rozenberg returns as presenter of Law in Action". BBC Press Office. 2010-05-26. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- Ashley, Jackie (6 June 2006). "The multicultural menace, anti-semitism and me". The Guardian.
- "Joshua Rozenberg". Noel Gay. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- "Joshua Rozenberg". Evening Standard. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- "Joshua Rozenberg returns to Radio 4's Law in Action". Press Gazette. 2010-05-27. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- "Queen's Counsel in England & Wales: 2015 to 2016". Ministry of Justice.
- Personal website
- Joshua Rozenberg's Twitter account
- Rozenberg's blog at The Guardian
- Law column at Standpoint
- Rozenberg at Jornalisted
- Law Reports, the former column of Rozenberg at the Daily Telegraph
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|