This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Joshua Seymour Sasse|
9 December 1987
Westminster, London, England
|Partner(s)||Kylie Minogue (2015–2017)|
William Berry, 1st Viscount Camrose (great-grandfather) |
Seymour Berry, 2nd Viscount Camrose (great-uncle)
Michael Berry, Baron Hartwell (great-uncle)
Sasse was born in Westminster, England, the son of Mary Rosalind (Macauley) and poet Dominic Sasse, and has a sister, Lydia Sasse. He was raised Catholic, and has Irish, Welsh, Scottish, and Jewish ancestry.
His maternal great-grandfather was William Berry, 1st Viscount Camrose, and his maternal great-uncles were Seymour Berry, 2nd Viscount Camrose and Michael Berry, Baron Hartwell. His father died when Joshua was aged 5 on PIA Flight 268, whilst he was travelling to Kathmandu; his mother subsequently remarried, and Joshua was hence sent to Shrewsbury School, where he discovered his love for acting.
In March 2012, he was cast in a big budget horror film titled Frankenstein's Army. In April 2013, he was cast in the TV series, Rogue. He had a recurring role on the show which lasted for two series and 13 episodes.
In December 2013, he was cast in Dan Fogelman's fairy tale-themed musical comedy pilot, Galavant. The pilot was shot in London due to the UK's new tax credit for high-end television shows. He was also cast in a recurring role on Fogelman's award-winning comedy, The Neighbors as DJ Jazzy Jeff.
He was previously married to Francesca Cini, with whom he has a son. On 20 February 2016, Sasse's engagement to Australian singer Kylie Minogue, 19 years his senior, was announced in the "Forthcoming Marriages" section of The Daily Telegraph. In February 2017, Minogue confirmed the couple had ended their relationship.
|2010||The Big I Am||Rixie||Feature|
|2013||Rogue||Alec Laszlo||TV series (13 episodes)|
|2014||The Neighbors||DJ Jazzy Jeff||TV series (3 episodes)|
|2015–2016||Galavant||Galavant||TV series (Main role)|
|2016–2017||No Tomorrow||Xavier||TV series (Main role)|
- "Has Kylie found love with a hunky public schoolboy 20 YEARS her junior? Joshua Sasse, 27, could perhaps be the man to finally make the pop star lucky in love". Daily Mail. 19 September 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Hollywood Now: Interfaith Stars of the New TV Season & Kate Huds – InterfaithFamily". interfaithfamily.com.
- Mendick, Robert; Murray, Annie (11 October 2016). "Revealed: the tragic past of Kylie Minogue's lover". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- Turek, Ryan. "Cast of Frankenstein's Army Has Been Revealed". shocktillyoudrop. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Starr, Liane Bonin. "Watch: The stars of 'Rogue' talk going gangsta and criminal pizza dough". HitFix. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- ANDREEVA, NELLIE. "'Galavant' Pilot Casts Lead, 3 Other Roles". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Barraclough, Leo. "ABC Studios to Shoot 'Galavant' in the U.K., Benefiting from New TV Tax Credit". Variety. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (24 January 2014). "Tricia O'Kelley Joins 'Devious Maids', Joshua Sasse To Recur On 'The Neighbors'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Rice, Lynette. "ABC renews 'Castle,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Revenge'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Porter, Rick (16 November 2015). "ABC winter/spring 2016 premieres: 'The Family' to Sundays, long breaks for 'Scandal,' 'OUAT'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- Ryan, Maureen. "TV Review: The CW's 'No Tomorrow'". Variety. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Kylie Minogue's ex-fiancé Joshua Sasse spotted looking cosy with a mystery brunette just a MONTH after they announced engagement". Daily Mail. 5 February 2017.
- "Love at First Sight: Kylie Minogue Is Engaged". Sky News.
- Fernandez, Alexia (3 February 2017). "Kylie Minogue Ends Year-Long Engagement to Fiancé Joshua Sasse". People. United States. Retrieved 10 February 2017.