|Born||May 30, 1966|
Attingal, Kerala, India
|Education||MBA Edexel University U.K|
|Occupation||HR & Admin.Manager, Screenwriter|
Joshy Mangalath is a National Award Winning Indian film screenwriter who made his debut with the feature film Ottaal for which he got the National award for the Best Screenplay (adapted). In 2015, he received the National Film Award for Best Screenplay (adapted) for the 2014 Malayalam film Ottaal, at the 62nd National Film Awards.
He was born in Attingal, Kerala, as the son of Sudheendran and Lillykutty. Joshy's school education was in Nattakom Government Model high school at Kottayam District, Kerala, after his schools he studied in Changanacherry S.B College, and later pursued a diploma in Electronics from Calicut D.G.E & T center. He got graduation in B.B.A, and later he did post graduation M.B.A in human resources management (Edexel University U.K). During his school & college years he used to write short stories and poems. Later he started writing drama scripts. Apart from writing he used to sing songs & conduct many stage programs and television channel programmes.
Joshy started his career as HR & Admin.Manager in a US based company Dubai. During his free hours, he spend time for writing stories and poems. He soon moved into movie screenwriting. Ottaal is his first screen play realized as film, which won him National recognition, even though Ottaal was not his first screenplay. Ottaal story is based on the world famous Russian writer Anton Chekhov's short story 'Vanka'. 'Vanka' is a tale of an orphan boy who works under a cobbler and the hardships he endures. It was film Director Jayaraj who has asked Joshy to do a Screenplay based on Vanka.
- National Film Award
- 2014 - 62nd National Film Awards - Ottaal BEST SCREENPLAY (Adapted)
|Year||Title||Cast||Director||Awards and Honours|
|2014||Ottaal||Vasudevan||Jayaraj||1. National award JOSHY MANGALATH- Best Script writer (adapted)
2. National award for Best Film on Environment conservation/Preservation
3. Best Film Kerala State government award
4. Suvarna Chakoram - IFFK award
5. Best Film of the international Federation of film critics (FIPRESCI)
6. Best Malayalam film of the network for the promotion of Asian Cinema (NETPAC)
7. Audience Poll award
8. Mumbai Film Festival - Film Social Impact Award
9. Children Feature -Golden Gate Way award
10. Won Crystal Bear at Berlin Film Festival
11. Nominated to 'Asia Pacific Screen Award (APSA)Brisbane,Australia.
12. 8th Namaste India Festival, Romania - Official Selection.
13. 14th Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles 2016 – Official Selection.
14. 7th London Indian Film Festival 2016 , England – Official Selection.
15. 8th Hidden Gems Film Festival 2016, Calgary, Canada –Official Selection.
16. 15th Imagine India International Film Festival 2016, Madrid, Spain –Official selection.
17. 22nd Kinder Film Fest Kyoto ,Japan 2016 –official Selection.
18. International Young Audience Film Festival Ale Kino 2016, Poland - Official Competition.
- "OTTAL wins film award FOR Best adapted Screenplay tag in the environment conservation category".
- "62nd National Film Awards for 2014" (PDF) (Press release). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Tale of innocence and neglect". The Hindu Times. 17 May 2015. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joshy Mangalath.|
- Asia Pacific Screen Award (APSA) Brisbane,Australia
- Tale of innocence and neglect – The Hindu
- Penning the Pangs of Humans, Nature – The New Indian Express
- Not much to cheer for Malayalam cinema – The Hindu
- 62nd National Film Awards: – The Times of India
- Malayali UAE resident wins National award – Gulf News
- Dubai based Indian writer Joshy Mangalath wins National Award – Emirates 24/7
- Official website
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|