|Birth name||Joseph Kiambukuta Londa|
|Also known as||Josky, Djo Sex|
|Born||February 14, 1949|
|Years active||1965 - 2009|
|Associated acts||Bana OK, OK Jazz, L'Orchestre Continental, L'African Fiesta Sukisa|
Joseph Kiambukuta Londa is a performing artist, singer and songwriter and composer from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, formerly known as Zaire. As a member of TPOK Jazz he played alongside Franco during their most popular period in the mid-1960s until the late 1980s. One of TPOK Jazz's best known songs, Proprietaire, was written by Kiambukuta.
Career with TPOK Jazz
According to Simaro Lutumba, Kiambukuta joined TPOK Jazz sometime in the 1960s, after Simaro was already a member. Kiambukuta is known for his range of voice, from very high notes to deep bass, as the need arises. He is credited with composing many songs for the band, including the following:
- Monzo - In 1974
- Fariya - In 1977
- Propriétaire - In 1980
- Bimansha - Sung by Josky Kiambukuta, Ndombe Opetum, Ntesa Dalienst and Lukoki Diatho - In 1981
- KSK - In 1983
- Missile In 1983
- Chandra - In 1989
Career after TPOK Jazz
After the death of Franco in 1989, TPOK Jazz continued to play for four years. However, in 1994, conflicts forced the band to split up. Kiambukuta, together with Simaro Lutumba, Ndombe Opetum and other band members went on to form a new band: Bana OK. Kiambukuta is reported to have migrated to France and is now a resident of Paris.
- 1999: Dernier Avertissement with Bana OK
- 2001: Oui Ca Va
- 2005: Double Vie
- Stewart, Gary (2004-01-01). Rumba on the river: a history of the popular music of the two Congos. Verso. p. 183. ISBN 978-1-85984-368-0. Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- Ngaira, Amos (14 January 2011). "Kenya: 'Sauti Ya Simba' Takes Final Bow". AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- Stewart, Gary (1992). Breakout: profiles in African rhythm. University of Chicago Press. p. 10. ISBN 978-0-226-77406-0. Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- Josky Kiambukuta Joined OKJazz In The 1960s
- Partial List of Compositions By Josky Kiambukuta With TPOK Jazz
- Josky Kiambukuta Lives In Paris, France