|Headquarters||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
Number of locations
|13 facilities in North America|
|United States, Canada, Europe|
|Products||Class rings, Yearbooks, Announcements, Caps & gown, Apparel, Championship rings|
|Parent||Newell Brands (2015–present)|
Jostens is an American manufacturer of memorabilia. The company is primarily known for its production of yearbooks and class rings for various high schools and colleges as well as championship rings for sports. Jostens also produced photobook products for Disney's PhotoPass photography service offered at Disney theme parks and resorts.
Begun in 1897 by Otto Josten, Jostens (then called "Josten's" — the apostrophe was later dropped) began manufacturing emblems and awards for nearby schools and in 1906, the year of incorporation, Josten added class rings to his product line, to be sold to schools throughout the Midwest. Otto Josten founded the company as a watch-repair business in Owatonna, Minnesota, in 1897.
On October 14, 2015, Jarden announced that it would acquire Jostens for $1.5 billion, stating that it planned to take advantage of synergies with its other properties (particularly Rawlings and Yankee Candle), and "turn it into a true consumer-product business, as opposed to it historically being run like a printing asset".
In mid 2013, Jostens released the yearbook industry's first iPad app at the National Scholastic Press Association Spring Convention in San Francisco. Jostens is the primary supplier of Super Bowl rings, and has made 31 champion rings in the Super Bowl's 50-year history through 2017.
- Farhad Manjoo (28 May 2013). "Most Likely to Succeed". Slate Magazine. The Slate Group. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- Ki Mae Heussner (25 September 2012). "With $3.6M, TreeRing revives the yearbook for the Facebook generation". GigaOM. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- Barmash, Isadore (2003). A Not-So-Tender Offer. Beard Books. p. 23. ISBN 1-58798-171-8.
- Harmon, Michael (2005). The Savvy Guide to Fantasy Sports. Indy Tech Publishing. p. 18. ISBN 0-7906-1313-1.
- Hooper, Michael (January 27, 2007). "Jostens Inc. partners with Disney". Topeka Capitol-Journal..
- "History of Jostens, Inc. – FundingUniverse". www.fundinguniverse.com. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Jostens looks into expanding operations in Owatonna". 18 April 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- Picker, Leslie (2015-10-14). "Jarden Reaches Deal to Buy Jostens for $1.5 Billion". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- "Jarden to Buy Yearbook Maker Jostens for About $1.5 Billion". Bloomberg. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Research, Zacks Investment. "Newell (NWL) Closes Jarden Merger, Creates Newell Brands". Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Jostens Introduce Educational iPad App".
- "Here are the extravagant rings given to Super Bowl champions over the years". Business Insider. Feb 5, 2017. Retrieved Oct 6, 2017.