Lorenz and Polizoakis at the 2015 Nebelhorn Trophy
|Born||9 June 1995|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Coach||Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali, Oleg Epstein, Martin Skotnický|
|Former coach||Igor Shpilband|
|Choreographer||Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali|
|Former choreographer||Igor Shpilband|
|Skating club||EC Oberstdorf|
|Training locations||Novi, Michigan|
|ISU personal best scores|
2016 CS Ondrej Nepela Memorial
2016 CS Golden Spin
Panagiotis "Joti" Polizoakis (born 9 June 1995) is a German competitive ice dancer. With his skating partner, Kavita Lorenz, he is a three-time German national champion (2016–2018) and has competed in the final segment at four ISU Championships.
Polizoakis was born on 9 June 1995 in Bietigheim-Bissingen. He is the oldest child of a Czech woman and a Greek who was born in Germany. He is fluent in German, Czech and Greek, as well as English and French. He has two younger siblings.
Polizoakis began learning to skate in 2000. As a single skater, he was coached by Christel Hacker, Michael Huth, and Florian Gerlach in Oberstdorf. In the 2012–13 and 2013–14 season, he competed at ISU Junior Grand Prix events and won the German junior national title.
Partnership with Lorenz
In the spring of 2015, Polizoakis teamed up with Kavita Lorenz to compete in ice dancing. The two had known each other for many years. They are coached by Igor Shpilband and Martin Skotnický in Novi, Michigan.
Making their international debut, Lorenz/Polizoakis finished fourth at the 2015 Nebelhorn Trophy, a Challenger Series (CS) event. They placed fifth at the 2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy (CS), first at the 2015 Open d'Andorra, and fifth at the 2015 Warsaw Cup (CS). In December, they won the German national title ahead of Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck and were selected to represent Germany at the 2016 European Championships in Bratislava, Slovakia. At Europeans in January, Lorenz/Polizoakis placed 13th in the short dance to qualify for the free, where they ranked 15th, resulting in a final placement of 14th at their first ISU Championship. In March, they qualified for the final segment at the 2016 World Championships in Boston by placing 18th in the short dance and went on to finish 17th overall. They ended their partnership in April 2016, but announced in June that they would continue skating together.
|Season||Short dance||Free dance|
|Season||Short program||Free skating|
|GP Skate Canada||8th|
|CS Golden Spin||4th||9th|
|CS Nebelhorn Trophy||4th||5th||3rd|
|CS Nepela Memorial||5th||5th|
|CS Tallinn Trophy||5th|
|CS Warsaw Cup||5th|
|Volvo Open Cup||2nd|
|TBD = Assigned; WD = Withdrew|
|CS Golden Spin||18th|
|CS Warsaw Cup||8th|
|JGP Czech Rep.||6th|
|Bavarian Open||3rd J||8th J|
|Challenge Cup||3rd J|
|Merano Cup||2nd J|
|NRW Trophy||7th J||8th J|
|Warsaw Cup||1st J|
|German Champ.||13th J||6th J||4th J||3rd J||1st J||1st J||6th|
|J = Junior level|
- "Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS: 2016/2017". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 30 May 2017.
- "Joti POLIZOAKIS: 2014/2015". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 23 May 2015.
- Bőd, Titanilla (11 January 2017). "Kavita Lorenz and Joti Polizoakis: "We are happy to show another side of us"". Absolute Skating.
- "Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS: 2015/2016". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 27 May 2016.
- "Eistänzer Lorenz/Polizoakis trennen sich" [Ice danciers Lorenz/Polizoakis split up]. Deutsche Presse-Agentur (in German). rp-online.de. 18 April 2016. Archived from the original on 19 April 2016.
- "Eistanz-Meister Lorenz/Polizoakis machen weiter" [Ice dance champions Lorenz/Polizoakis continue]. Sport-Informations-Dienst (in German). Die Zeit. 9 June 2016. Archived from the original on 12 January 2017.
- "Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS: 2017/2018". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 25 October 2017.
- "Joti POLIZOAKIS: 2013/2014". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 21 June 2014.
- "Joti POLIZOAKIS: 2012/2013". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 2 January 2013.
- "Competition Results: Kavita LORENZ / Joti POLIZOAKIS". International Skating Union.
- "Competition Results: Joti POLIZOAKIS". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 6 February 2016.
Media related to Joti Polizoakis at Wikimedia Commons