Journal for Research in Mathematics Education
|Edited by||Cynthia W. Langrall|
|Frequency||5 annual issues|
Journal for Research in Mathematics Education (JRME) is a peer-reviewed scientific journal within the field of mathematics education. The journal is published by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, and it appears five times a year (in January, March, May, July and November). The journal is paginated by volume.
JRME "is devoted to the interests of teachers of mathematics and mathematics education at all levels—preschool through adult", and different types of articles are welcome for submission, like "reports of research, including experiments, case studies, surveys, philosophical studies, and historical studies; articles about research, including literature reviews and theoretical analyses; brief reports of research; critiques of articles and books; and brief commentaries on issues pertaining to research".
JRME has been ranked by Journal Ranking as the most influential periodical in mathematics education research worldwide and the fourth most referenced educational research journal of any kind.
The editorial board, as of May 2013, consists of:
- Cynthia W. Langrall, Editor, Illinois State University
- Nerida F. Ellerton, Associate Editor Illinois State University
- Tami S. Martin, Associate Editor Illinois State University
- Amanda L. Miller, Assistant Editor Illinois State University
- Amanda L. Fain, Staff Assistant Illinois State University
- Beth Herbal-Eisenmann, Monograph Editor, Michigan State University
- Jinfa Cai, Book Review Editor University of Delaware
- Jo Boaler, Research Commentary Editor Stanford University
- "Journal Ranking: Education and Educational Research". Retrieved Oct 28, 2009.