Journal of Animal Ecology
|Edited by||Ken Wilson, Ben Sheldon, Jean-Michel Gaillard, Nate Sanders|
|J. Animal Ecol.|
|J Anim Ecol|
The Journal of Animal Ecology is a peer-reviewed scientific journal publishing research in all areas of animal ecology. It began publication in 1932, and as such is the second oldest journal of the British Ecological Society (after the Journal of Ecology). It is available both in print and online.
Types of papers published
The journal publishes the following types of papers:
- Standard papers - a typical experimental, comparative or theoretical paper
- Reviews - syntheses of topics of broad ecological interest
- 'How To' papers - practical guides in using a specific experimental or theoretical model or system
- Synthesis papers - overviews of well-established field or laboratory study systems
- Forum articles - short contributions intended to stimulate debate
- In Focus - short articles designed to highlight high-interest material
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, BIOBASE/Current Awareness in Biological Sciences, Current Contents, GEOBASE, and the Science Citation Index. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2016 impact factor of 4.827, ranking it 2nd out of 161 journals in the category "Zoology" and 18th out of 150 journals in the category "Ecology".
- "Journal of Animal Ecology – Author Guidelines". Wiley-Blackwell. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Zoology". 2016 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Ecology". 2016 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.