Journal of Bacteriology
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Thomas J. Silhavy|
American Society for Microbiology (United States)
|Delayed, after 6 months: Hybrid|
The Journal of Bacteriology is a peer-reviewed medical journal established in 1916. It is published by the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) and the editor in chief is Thomas J. Silhavy. The journal is delayed open access, content is available free at the journal's website and at PubMed Central after a six month embargo. The journal is also hybrid open access allowing authors to pay $3,000 ($2,000 for ASM members) for their articles to be available free immediately.
Abstracting and indexing
The Journal of Bacteriology is abstracted and indexed in:
- AgBiotech News and Information
- Bacteriology Abstracts (Microbiology B)
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- Biotechnology Citation Index
- CAB Abstracts
- Global Health
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin
- International Bibliography of Periodical Literature
- Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Food Science and Technology Abstracts
- Index Veterinarius
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed/PubMed Central
- Science Citation Index
- Academic Search
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- Academic OneFile
- General Science Index
- Referativnyi Zhurnal
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "Journal of Bacteriology". Ulrichsweb. ProQuest. Retrieved 2014-12-20. (subscription required (. ))
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "Journal of Bacteriology". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Microbiology". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.