Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Chem. Theory Comput.|
|Edited by||William L. Jorgensen, Gustavo E. Scuseria|
The Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation is a peer-reviewed scientific journal, established in 2005 by the American Chemical Society. It is indexed in Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), Scopus, British Library, and Web of Science. The current editors are William L. Jorgensen and Gustavo E. Scuseria. Currently as of the year 2015, JCTC has 11 volumes.
Much of the JCTC reports on new theories, methods and applications of quantum chemical knowledge, such as electronic structure, molecular mechanics and statistical mechanics. Research of computational applications such as ab initio quantum mechanics, Monte Carlo simulations and solvation model are discussed among others. It is stated that "the Journal favors submissions that include advances in theory or methodology with applications to compelling problems".
The first issue of JCTC was published in 2005 as a bimonthly journal with 133 articles published in the first volume. In 2008, JCTC increased their output to become a monthly publication, producing 12 issues per year. The journal came about when Jorgensen noticed that although theory and computation could be found in many journals, the field did not have a dedicated journal. In year 2008, JCTC took professor Ursula Rothlisberger from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology as their associate editor. In the year 2009, the editorial team was further expanded with the addition of Professor Gustavo Scuseria from Rice University.
JCTC is ranked number 4 highest in the list of "Physical and Theoretical Chemistry" journals SCImago Journal Rank. JCTC has a weighted rank indicator (SJR) of 2,481 as of the year 2014. To give perspective, the popular multidisciplinary journal Nature (journal) has an SJR factor of 17,313. The journal had an average of 65.73 references per document in 2014. In 2016, the journal had a total of 24,768 citations and an impact factor of 5.245.
- "ACS Publications : Homepage". Pubs.acs.org. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "William L. Jorgensen". Pubs.acs.org. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Gustavo E. Scuseria". Pubs.acs.org. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "List of Issues". ACS. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "Journal Scope". Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation". Science Watch. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "Journal Rankings". SciMago Journal & Country Rank. Retrieved 1 December 2015.