Journal of Clinical Investigation
|Edited by||Rexford S. Ahima|
American Society for Clinical Investigation (United States)
|J. Clin. Investig.|
|J Clin Invest|
The Journal of Clinical Investigation is a monthly peer-reviewed medical journal covering biomedical research. It was established in 1924 and is published by the American Society for Clinical Investigation. Articles focus on the mechanisms of disease, with an emphasis on basic research, early-stage clinical studies in humans, and new research tools and techniques. The journal also publishes reviews in edited series or as stand-alone articles, commentaries on research, editorials, and feature items. The editor-in-chief is Rexford S. Ahima (Johns Hopkins University).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
The following persons have been editor-in-chief of the journal:
- G. Canby Robinson (1924–1927; Vanderbilt University
- J. Harold Austin (1928–1934; University of Pennsylvania)
- Randolph West (1935–1940; Presbyterian Hospital, New York City)
- James L. Gamble (1941–1946; Harvard University)
- Eugene B. Ferris (1947–1951; Cincinnati General Hospital)
- Stanley E. Bradley (1952–1956; Columbia University)
- Philip K. Bondy (1957–1961; Yale University)
- Arnold S. Relman (1962–1966; Harvard University)
- Paul A. Marks (1967–1970; Columbia University)
- DeWitt S. Goodman (1971–1972; Columbia University)
- Jean D. Wilson (1972–1977; University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center)
- Philip W. Majerus (1977–1981; Washington University)
- Stuart Kornfeld (1981–1982; Washington University)
- Thomas P. Stossel (1982–1985; Harvard University)
- Joseph Avruch (1986–1987; Harvard University)
- Bruce F. Scharschmidt (1987–1992; University of California, San Francisco)
- Ajit P. Varki (1992–1996; University of California, San Diego)
- Paul A. Insel (1996–1997; University of California, San Diego)
- Martin F. Kagnoff (1996–1997; University of California, San Diego)
- Stephen J. Weiss (1997–2002; University of Michigan)
- Andrew R. Marks (2002–2007; Columbia University)
- Laurence A. Turka (2007–2012; University of Pennsylvania)
- Howard A. Rockman (2012–2017; Duke University)
- Gordon F. Tomaselli (2017–2018; Johns Hopkins University)
Most cited articles
- Havel, RJ; Eder, HA; Bragdon, JH (1955). "The distribution and chemical composition of ultracentrifugally separated lipoproteins in human serum". Journal of Clinical Investigation. 34: 1345–1353. doi:10.1172/JCI103182. PMC 438705. PMID 13252080. (6051 citations)
- Jaffe, Eric A.; Nachman, Ralph L.; Becker, Carl G.; Minick, C. Richard (1 November 1973). "Culture of human endothelial cells derived from umbilical veins. Identification by morphologic and immunologic criteria". Journal of Clinical Investigation. 52 (11): 2745–2756. doi:10.1172/JCI107470. PMC 302542. PMID 4355998. (5476 citations)
- Weisberg, Stuart P.; McCann, Daniel; Desai, Manisha; Rosenbaum, Michael; Leibel, Rudolph L.; Ferrante, Anthony W. (15 December 2003). "Obesity is associated with macrophage accumulation in adipose tissue". Journal of Clinical Investigation. 112 (12): 1796–1808. doi:10.1172/JCI19246. PMC 296995. PMID 14679176. (4971 citations)
- "Biological Abstracts - Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- "Journal of Clinical Investigation". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- "Source details: Journal of Clinical Investigation". Scopus preview. Elsevier. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- "Journal of Clinical Investigation". 2017 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2018.