Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication
The Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication JCMC is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal that covers the interdisciplinary field of computer-mediated communication. It was established in 1994 and is published by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the International Communication Association. According to the Journal Citation Reports, its 2010 impact factor was 1.958, ranking it 3rd out of 67 journals in the category "Communication" and 13th out of 76 journals in the category "Information Science & Library Science". By 2014 the ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking reported JCMC to be 2nd of 76 in the field of Communication, and 4th of 85 in Information Science & Library Science, with an impact factor of 3.117
The following persons have been editor-in-chief of the journal:
- 2014-present: Shyam Sundar (Pennsylvania State University)
- 2011–2013: Maria Bakardjieva (University of Calgary)
- 2008-2010: Kevin Wright (University of Oklahoma)
- 2005-2007: Susan Herring (Indiana University)
- 1994-2004: Founding Editors: Margaret McLaughlin (University of Southern California) and Sheizaf Rafaeli (Hebrew University of Jerusalem and University of Haifa)
- Official website
- Journal page at publisher's website
- Journal page at association's website
- ISSN 1083-6101
|This article about a computer science journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.