Journal of Documentation
|Discipline||Information science, library science|
|Edited by||David Bawden|
The Journal of Documentation is a double-blind peer-reviewed academic journal covering theories, concepts, models, frameworks, and philosophies in information science. The journal publishes scholarly articles, research reports, and critical reviews.
The scope of the Journal of Documentation is broadly information sciences, encompassing all of the academic and professional disciplines which deal with recorded information. These include, but are not limited to, information science, library science, and related disciplines, knowledge management, knowledge organization, information seeking, information retrieval, human information behaviour, and digital literacy.
The main audience for the journal is educators, scholars, researchers, and policy-makers in information-related areas. It published quarterly between 1945 and 1996, expanding to five issues per year between 1997-1999. Since 2000, it is published bimonthly. It is currently edited by David Bawden (City University London.) In celebration of the journal's 60th anniversary, a series of review articles were published between 2004-2006, which commented on the significance of eleven articles originally published in the Journal in the previous six decades.
The journal is published by Emerald Group Publishing. It is available for subscription singularly and also as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Library and Information Studies Subject Collection.
- "Journal Citation Reports". Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2018-03-06.
- "Meet the editor of... Journal of Documentation". www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- "Journal of Documentation - Editorial team". Emerald Group Publishing. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- Bawden, David (2006). "JDoc60 series: information research over six decades". Journal of Documentation. 62 (6): 653-656. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Emerald | Journal of Documentation information". www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com. Retrieved 2016-01-18.