Journal of Fluid Mechanics
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|J. Fluid Mech.|
|Edited by||Grae Worster|
The Journal of Fluid Mechanics is a peer-reviewed scientific journal in the field of fluid mechanics. It publishes original work on theoretical, computational, and experimental aspects of the subject.
The journal is published by Cambridge University Press and retains a strong association with the University of Cambridge, in particular the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics (DAMTP). Volumes are published twice a month in a single-column B5 format.
The journal was established in 1956 by George Batchelor, who remained the editor-in-chief for some forty years. He started out as the sole editor, but later a team of associate editors provided assistance in arranging the review of articles. As of January 2012, there are 2 deputy editors and 20 associate editors.
The following people have been editor (later, editor in chief) of the Journal of Fluid Mechanics:
- 1956–1996: George Batchelor (DAMTP)
- 1966–1983: Keith Moffatt (DAMTP)
- 1996–2000: David Crighton (DAMTP)
- 2000–2006: Tim Pedley (DAMTP)
- 2000–2010: Stephen H. Davis (Northwestern University)
- 2007–present: Grae Worster (DAMTP)
- Batchelor, G. K. (2006). "Preoccupations of a journal editor". Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 106: 1. Bibcode:1981JFM...106....1B. doi:10.1017/S0022112081001493.
- Davis, Steve; Pedley, Tim (2000). "Editorial". Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 415: 0. doi:10.1017/S0022112000009514.
- Davis, S. H.; Pedley, T. J. (2006). "Editorial: JFM at 50". Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 554: 1. Bibcode:2006JFM...554....1D. doi:10.1017/S0022112006009566.
- Huppert, H. E. (2006). 50 Years of Impact of JFM.